Gibson Brands Forums

I've been to God's country!

larryp58

This weekend I took my youngest son to college. He's been accepted in the Pre-Med program at Eastern Kentucky University. Now I've been singing and playing in a bluegrass band for about two and a half years now, and this trip was one I was looking forward to. Very nice drive through western North Carolina into Tennessee and then up into Kentucky. The heart of bluegrass country! Stopped by The Music Outlet in Sevierville, Tennessee. Hundreds of Gibson guitars! It was really some of the most beautiful country I've seen! Eastern Kentucky, Bill Monroe Country! It really gave meaning to the songs I've been singing after seeing the mountains and hills of Appalachia! The Shenandoah Valley, Cumberland Mountains and Cumberland Gap are very scenic. If any of you ever get the chance to visit there, it's well worth the trip! What I got out of the trip was a refreshed spirit for the music I play. Anyway, just wanted to share that with ya'll. Remember, it's all about the music!

Sounds like you had a great time. Years ago, my wife and I started on the Skyline in Shenandoah NP and took a leisure drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Smokies. As you've said, the Appalachians are beautiful. I've got to take another road trip down that way.

Ooooh, I'm jealous! I would love to get down and see that part of the country. I drove from Pittsburgh to Kissimee Florida in 2002 and loved it. We went through the Blueridge mountains, the Carolinas, Virginia and Georgia and it was so beautiful. Canada is beautiful but it's lovely to see different parts of the continent; very different from the scenery I see up here. Seeing that (what you saw Larry) is on my bucket list. Glad to hear it was such an energizing day. And congrats to your son on his awesome present and promising future!

I have the good fortune to live in Asheville, NC. Grew up in the midwest, lived a million years in Texas (Austin and Dallas), and moved here almost 7 years ago. Can't swing a dead cat in these parts without hitting a bar with a regular open mic night, which is a bonus.

Archived