Gibson Brands Forums

Need Luthier's Advice-EBAy EPI Excllente offering

mooseguy

Currently on EBay a 66 Epiphone Excellente is being auctioned. One of the front photos (see enlargement )clearly shows

whitish shadow lines along the entire top of the bridge and along both ends. The top of the pick guard also shows the same

type shadow lines for a certain length.

Question: What, if anything, might such a shadow line indicate? Seller has already answered that the bridge is not a replacement.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Moose

If it's anything and not just caused by the picture, I'd wager it's polishing compound that they were too lazy to clean off well ?

Moose with as bad as you want one of these, too bad you can't work out a deal with the seller and fly or drive to see it up close.

If it's anything and not just caused by the picture, I'd wager it's polishing compound that they were too lazy to clean off well ?

Moose with as bad as you want one of these, too bad you can't work out a deal with the seller and fly or drive to see it up close.

wish I could Moose

If you check the seller's history, you would know why.

Regards,

Moose

Yes, any positive comments he has are from 2004! Pretty scary dealing with someone like that. He's been reported to eBay, by the looks of things. Perhaps the original seller's identity has been stolen? I had my identity stolen on eBay about a year ago. There are some good scammers out there.

Yes, any positive comments he has are from 2004! Pretty scary dealing with someone like that. He's been reported to eBay, by the looks of things. Perhaps the original seller's identity has been stolen? I had my identity stolen on eBay about a year ago. There are some good scammers out there.

GG Girl

You are hereby hired as my personal security consultant -

MUCHO Regards,

Moose

Moose,

I got burned on an eBay purchase a few months ago for an SJ-200.

Buyer had 100% feedback....so no worries. Wrong! The only thing that saved

me was that I used my credit card as payment through PayPal. After

several weeks, I got nothing back from PayPal so I contacted my credit

card company to use their buyer protection policy. Within 30 days,

I was credited the full amount. You can always see if the seller will ship

C.O.D. (unlikely).

You're looking at highlights from the toplighting in the photo... I don't see any use of flash here. No one glues pickguards with white glue - no one sane that is. And besides, white glue doesn't stay white like that after it dries. Photo artifacts IMO. Could even be dust. Ask him to provide another photo with different lighting.

GG Girl

You are hereby hired as my personal security consultant -

MUCHO Regards,

Moose

So I am sacked then?

BTW how many 1965 and 1966 Epi Cortez's exist? There seems to be 3 or 4 on EBay

I can't find the Exec!

I bought a Joan Jett Black Heart edition on ebay a month ago and it was never shipped. Got my money credited back because I used PayPal and my Credit card to pay paypal.

If it looks to good to be true applies to ebay also.

You're looking at highlights from the toplighting in the photo... I don't see any use of flash here. No one glues pickguards with white glue - no one sane that is. And besides, white glue doesn't stay white like that after it dries. Photo artifacts IMO. Could even be dust. Ask him to provide another photo with different lighting.

+ 1

Red 333

So I am sacked then?

BTW how many 1965 and 1966 Epi Cortez's exist? There seems to be 3 or 4 on EBay

I can't find the Exec!

Sir Johnt: I primarily rely on your dog expertise which is now also questionable being that the new one

loves to chew on you and others.LOL

Moose

Archived