Gibson Brands Forums

my new traditional

pd1030

gt3.jpg

gt2.jpg

gt1.jpg

Cellphone camera shots of my new traditional GT. First impressions may need some minor pick up adjustments, love the tone. Very happy to have a LP again. My first go round with the 57 Classics, I think I like them better then the burstbuckers on the R7. Neck is fat enough, may change the speed knobs to the tophats with the pointers...Now Marshall needs to make a 1 to 3 watter for the boutique amp market

Nice man' date=' I guess Gibsons gonna be making a lot of $ out of the traditionals[/quote']

yes sir.

good marketing on their part. i was thinking about picking one up. but not anymore! ha

Nice man' date=' I guess Gibsons gonna be making a lot of $ out of the traditionals[/quote']

Thanks Bro, I guess that was what the Doctor ordered for the Gibson Pick me up. I am sure they are gonna sell a ton of these between the PLEK and the weight I know I am happy. BTW I saw the Foo Fighters the other night and as Dave was introducing the lead guitarist he started riffing some Ace Frehley Firehouse. Grohl said to him something like "You always play Kiss" It was really cool. Ace is way underrated.

Awesome new axe bro!!! I totally agree about Marshall needing to get with the program on the fractual wattage amp market. Marshall is completely missing out here, and who wouldn't like to have an actual tube Marshall that they can actually crank in the house. That would kick ***!

gt4.jpg

The action is nice, not too low that you fret out when you bend. I think the Goldtop finish is really best described as smooth . It is not really "glittery" As far as the back goes, I wish it was a darkback but of course you can't have everything..I am definitely keeping this one, best bang for the $$$$. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Archived