Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedal Day

Twiz

I guess this is kind of a review...

One of my oldest and most beloved pedals is a Boss PH-1 (made in Japan). Recently it has started to crap the bed, so I've decided to retire it (except for recording and home playing purposes). Yesterday I picked up a MXR Phase 90. I'm pretty pleased with the sound so far, it's a little more 'harsh' than the PH-1, but I think it sounds better with distortion. I'm geeked to hear it through my 5150. Anyway, if anybody's looking for a not-too-expensive Phaser, check out a Phase 90.

I guess this is kind of a review...

One of my oldest and most beloved pedals is a Boss PH-1 (made in Japan). Recently it has started to crap the bed, so I've decided to retire it (except for recording and home playing purposes). Yesterday I picked up a MXR Phase 90. I'm pretty pleased with the sound so far, it's a little more 'harsh' than the PH-1, but I think it sounds better with distortion. I'm geeked to hear it through my 5150. Anyway, if anybody's looking for a not-too-expensive Phaser, check out a Phase 90.

They sound cool... right now, I'm really only looking for a tremolo pedal, and some fuzz boxes. [thumbup]

Hey now, maybe evol was referring to a line from Dead Alive (my favorite Peter Jackson movie) with his 'Rich & creamy' comment? Regardless, I think rich & creamy is an accurate sound description for that pedal. [biggrin]

I could go for some cupcakes now though.

They sound cool... right now, I'm really only looking for a tremolo pedal, and some fuzz boxes. [thumbup]

I just picked up a Fulltone Supa Trem yesterday (In process of getting shipped) I've heard by many sources thats the best trem for the money on the market today. And Joe Bonnamasa keeps his on during the entire set, and sets it to a minimum, witch gives a great buttery tone. If your looking for a fuzz box that you will never get rid of and probably the most musical fuzz out there. Get a Fuzzy Lady or HMFIC from www.plumcrazyfx.com. Gearmanndude's in love with em, and thats how i learned of em, and got mine.

I just picked up a Fulltone Supa Trem yesterday (In process of getting shipped) I've heard by many sources thats the best trem for the money on the market today. And Joe Bonnamasa keeps his on during the entire set, and sets it to a minimum, witch gives a great buttery tone. If your looking for a fuzz box that you will never get rid of and probably the most musical fuzz out there. Get a Fuzzy Lady or HMFIC from www.plumcrazyfx.com. Gearmanndude's in love with em, and thats how i learned of em, and got mine.

I want both! I like the Fuzzy Lady, but I think that certain aspects of the HMFIC (besides the name) really appeal to me. It seems fuller.

My pedalboard is going to look something like this:

Tuner->Trem (not sure if this should be before or after dirt, but seeing as I still don't have one... who cares?) ->MXR OD-> Fuzz->Fuzz->Fuzz->Amp.

I have 3 fuzzes planned on, I like the Swollen Pickle set up for a slight fuzz, more of an OD/Dist., then a fuzz with more body, then a fuzz that just goes all out, blow out the eardrums of everyone within a 5 mile radius fuzz. That's what I like.

Also, does anyone make a pedal that will be like the Vibratone effect on some Fender amps?

Archived