Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone here attended a recorded show

Riffster

I am listening to Muddy Waters Live at Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco, November 4 - 6, 1966 (from the Wolfgang's Vault) and imagnine how cool it would have been to be there.

Has anyone been to a show that made CD or DVD or corresponding formats depending on the time?

I was at the 2 U2 shows in Tempe AZ they used in a movie. I got thrown out the first night after jumping a fence into the reserved area holding a cup of southern comfort.....which I did not spill, then I wondered around Tempe lost trying to find our motel.

The next night I actually saw the show........was on acid that night so I was more coherent. :lol:

That's is so cool,

I know a guy that was at one of Iron Maiden's shows for the Live After Death video....

~Bruce Dickinson~ scream for me Long Beach!!!!

Another friend was at the Metallica concert in Mexico City that is part a box set. I was invited to go to that show but I was seeing Metallica in Houston.

I was at the 2 U2 shows in Tempe AZ they used in a movie. I got thrown out the first night after jumping a fence into the reserved area holding a cup of southern comfort.....which I did not spill, then I wondered around Tempe lost trying to find our motel.

The next night I actually saw the show........was on acid that night so I was more coherent. :lol:

Southern Comfort? Did you have a dress on?

Concert for Banladesh at Madison Square Garden. It was filmed/recorded, but I don't know which concert, or pieces of concerts, they used for the movie.

I also went to a couple of Midnight Special and "Don Kiwshnew's Wock Concewt" shows. I have absolutely NO recollection of which bands were on the shows.

I am listening to Muddy Waters Live at Fillmore Auditorium

in San Francisco, November 4 - 6, 1966 (from the Wolfgang's

Vault) and imagnine how cool it would have been to be there.

Has anyone been to a show that made CD or DVD or

corresponding formats depending on the time?

Sure, lots. But nothing mass market. We have some cool

local talent, so I really have no reason to deal with typical

mass market stuff. Less than once a year, someone might

take me to a concert for some special reason, but I never

do that on my own.

And I've been told that my usual form of applause, which is

pounding on my table, sounds really crappy when recorded

so would I please refrain from that !

`

Lynyrd Skynyrd's One More For/From The Road at The Fox Theater 2nd night out of 3 (1976 I Think)

I read that they only included 2-3 songs from that show.

Jimmy Buffett's You Had to Be there (1978 I Think)

Same Fox Theater

Both great shows (I Think)

Southern Comfort? Did you have a dress on?

....Heck that stuff is 101 proof.........so uh........alls I remember is looking for a street with palm trees in the median for a while and then when I found that I got a large bag of cheeto's ........then I threw up qrange cheeto resin on the floor next to the couch and passed out..

Been about 20 some years now since I had any southern comfort or cheeto's........or listened to U2

Lynyrd Skynyrd's One More For/From The Road at The Fox Theater 2nd night out of 3 (1976 I Think)

I read that they only included 2-3 songs from that show.

Jimmy Buffett's You Had to Be there (1978 I Think)

Same Fox Theater

Both great shows (I Think)

In Detroit?

....Heck that stuff is 101 proof.........so uh........alls I remember is looking for a street with palm trees in the median for a while and then when I found that I got a large bag of cheeto's ........then I threw up qrange cheeto resin on the floor next to the couch and passed out..

Been about 20 some years now since I had any southern comfort or cheeto's........or listened to U2

Ever woke up with puke caked on the side of your face? It's quite an experience.

Recorded shows I was at that I know of.

1...The Beatles on Ed Sullivan

2...James Brown at the Apollo

3...NY DOLLS LIVE IN JAPAN

4 ..JOHNNY THUNDERS LIVE IN PARIS n JAPAN BETTER KNOWN AS BOOTLEGGING THE BOOTLEGEERS

5 ..STONES GET YOUR YA YA"S OOUT was recorded at 10 shows one being MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

6 ..WOODSTOCK

7 ..PLAYED ON LIVE AT CBGB:S

8 ..PLAYED ON THE ROCK AGAINST DRUGS ALBUM IN 1984

9...IGGY POP. AT recording in GERMANY for LUST FOR LIFE

10...PRETENDERS live at the ROXY

11...BB KING 80th birthday show

12...Lou Reed LIVE in NY

13 DAVID LIVE David Bowie live at the TOWER THEATER IN PHILLY

14 MUDDY WATERS live in MONTREAUX

15 BUIDDY GY AT THE SAME

16 BB KIHNG AT THE SAME

17 TAJ MAHAL AT THE SAME

18 DOORs ON ED SULLIVAN

19 STEVE MARTIN FIRST LIVE COMEDY ALBUM'

20..RICHARD PRYOR THAT NIGG&& "S CRAZY !!!

21..THE ;LATEST AND BEST WAS THE TRIBUTE TO LES PAUL AT THE IRRIDIUM MAN WHEN THAT COMESOUT ON DVD/CD IT SHOULD BE ONEOF THE BIOGGEST SELLERS EVER !!!!

22..HUMBLE PIE ROCKING THE FILLMORE

eVERYONE THERE WAS BY INVITATION ONLY...TO SEE Bowie N Jeff Beck BS'ING TOGETHER, AND ALL THE LEGENDS IN THE ROOM I WAS ON CLOUD 9 !!!!

MANY MANY MORE I was very lucky when not playing I was roadieing for someone or there as a back up geetarist or tech !!!!!

I also played on a lot of BLUES albums as a session player......

St james

Yeah a few for me that I attended:

1. KISS 1980 - Melbourne Australia - turned up on a TV special

2. Mick Jagger in Melbourne Australia - it was also eventually televised. We taped that one

3. Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers Tour - it ended up on a Bootleg Record.

4. Various Australian acts. In particular, Richard Clapton, I have the CD of the 30th anniversary gig that I attended in Sydney.

5. Rolling Stones - various gigs in melbourne have ended up on DVD's

Archived