Gibson Brands Forums

what song would you play to get a party started?

S t e v e

One of the songs my old band played that people seemed to love was Bob Seger's Old Time Rock n Rock. UGHHHHHHH!

I hated playing that song like you don't know.

But the crowd always loved it and started whoopin and a hollerin at those opening piano chords.

On the other hand I loved playing Katmandu and Sunspot Baby.

also Billy Idols version of Mony Mony seemed to go over big for some strange reason.

Play That Funky Music has some smokin' guitar in it!

Somebody Save Me - Is this the Cinderella song? It rocks.

nuttin but a good time - The ONLY Poison song I like.

it's not love - Dokken? Another cool song.

round and round - Ratt's usually a winner.

highway to hell - Hell yeah!

talk dirty to me - Another brain-dead crowd pleaser...

every rose - BARF!

you've got another thing coming - Friends from high school opened their set with this.

no one like you - Very cool song, cool arrangement.

Shake me - Cinderella rocked on the first two albums!

little suzi (Tesla) - What do you use for the acoustic?

Bang your head (Quiet Riot) - The only QR song I really like.

Firewoman (Cult) - Excellent tune.

Cool stuff Axe!!!

Party in the USA-

Miley Cyrus

[blink][blink][blink]

Hey, we played for half an hour during every lunch period last year, and the singer said he was done after 20 minutes on the first time through. Everyone is looking around at each other like WTF, so I (ashamedly) start playing the intro to that song, and every girl started singing, I stopped and it went on. Filled up the rest of the time. Oh boy did I ***** out the singer, but it went well, and I got my own "fan club" going for a while ;)

One of my favorite songs, I'm working with my friend to do that as a cover. Hard because its just me and the drummer, so its gonna take a little bit of playing around with to get it right, but its a badass song.

The musicians that I have been given the opportunity to play along with currently open up with Eruption and go into You Really Got Me. Eruption seems to really get everybody's attention and by the time You Really Got Me is started chicks are dancing everywhere. Van Halen came up with it and it still holds the test of time. The hardest part is equating a balance of guy songs and chick songs to keep the audience upbeat and into the scene to maintain the largest audience possible.

Archived