Gibson Brands Forums

Friend Murdered in Baton Rouge Today

cjlandry

I am so sorry. That is sickening, and they shot a 9 year old 6 times??

Probably 'cause they knew they didn't have the cojones to face a 9 year old, who lost her mother, at trial when the police get them.

Take a look in my local newspaper.....stories like this are very common.....and fortunately shocking everytime.

My grandfather was killed in Arizona, in 1985, I have never forgotten the shock or the pain of it all. The "why" factor has long since passed for me along with the desire for vengeance. Unfortunately, his murderer was never apprehended and the case remains unsolved to this day. My satisfaction comes from the belief that if , the individual is still alive, he is forever looking over his shoulder in fear of being found out. To live in fear is no life at all. That is how I have to reconcile myself to a horrific act perpetrated on an old man 25 years past.

My grandfather was killed in Arizona, in 1985, I have never forgotten the shock or the pain of it all. The "why" factor has long since passed for me along with the desire for vengeance. Unfortunately, his murderer was never apprehended and the case remains unsolved to this day. My satisfaction comes from the belief that if , the individual is still alive, he is forever looking over his shoulder in fear of being found out. To live in fear is no life at all. That is how I have to reconcile myself to a horrific act perpetrated on an old man 25 years past.

A close friend of mine was also killed that year. Guy bashed her skull with a clothes iron. The case remained unsolved until just a couple of years ago. DNA tracking technology finally caught up enough that they were able to pin it on the killer, who was already incarcerated for other violent crimes.

Never give up hope.

Obituary:

Alexandra Engler, 42, died violently at her home on September 24, 2010.

She was born in Hamilton, Ohio and spent her early years in Upstate New York graduating from Unatego High School in Otego, NY. She attended SUNY Binghamton and SUNY Albany graduating from LSU.

She was attending Southern Medical studying for advancement in her ultrasound career.

She is survived by her daughter, Ariana Engle; she leaves Ariana's father, Johnny Adriani of Baton Rouge and Bridgeport, CT; her mother and step-father, Bonnie Hunt and Robert Maloney of Holderness, NH; and her beloved grandmother, Dorothy Engler of Port Clinton, OH.

She was predeceased by her father, William D. Engler in 1986.

Her daughter, Ariana, was the absolute love of her life. That love extended to her grandmother whom she adored and to her wonderful neighbor, Mary Kuntz. Her pride and joy was the little house on Beauregard St., which she was always improving inside and out. Her vocation was a combination of helping people and using her great artistic ability. She combined those qualities in her ultrasound work. Sensitive, bright and caring - a light has truly been extinguished far too early.

Visitation will be Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. in Pope Hall with services at 12:00 noon at St. Luke's Episcopal Church. An additional memorial service in New Hampshire will be held at a later date. Arrangements under the direction of Rabenhorst Funeral Home, 825 Government Street, Baton Rouge.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to a scholarship at St. Luke's School in Baton Rouge in memory of Alexandra or to the Circle Program in Plymouth, NH, a mentoring program for young girls.

Archived