Gibson Brands Forums

Pizzah Pies

Artie Owl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pizza hut pepperoni lovers on thin crust. Not a fan of Papa John's. I like Domino's new pizza. That's where I stand on the chains.

deep dish is not my thing. I don't need 3 lbs of toppings per slice. I hate Italian sausage that is typically used on pizza. I don't like chunks of tomatoes in my sauce. Thin NY style with pepperoni and fresh (not pickled) jalapeños is my fav.

Same here! I don't like tomatoes to begin with so they gotta be near liquid in my salsa.

I've tried to explain that to many people, and I confess it's gotten worse as I've gotten older.

It's not a flavor thing, it's a consistency thing.

I have trouble with tomatoes, and many fruits like peaches, pineapple, etc.

Can't eat eggs unless they're scrambled.

Love the way they all taste, but...

There's my ONE quirk. :-k

St.louis style

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

being from St. Louis.

Fellow St. louisans,

to whom it may concern,

there is the best pizza ever in Maryland heights.

its a hole in the wall pizza place called Serra's. INSANELY GOOD [drool][thumbup][biggrin][drool][blink][-o<[love][lol] :lol: \:D/

Ah hem- Chicago has the best pizza you wannabes. [sneaky]

Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey...............

ill give you that its good. but weve got the best pizza west of the Atlantic OCean to the Pacifac!

and at this time Id like to quote a movie that is my signature,

this is the best pizza in a cup,

oh I no,

he ran the other Cup o'pizza guy outta buisiness

88008-sort_thing_pizza_in_a_cup_idea_jerk.jpg

How many of you New Yawkahs ever ate in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or California?

[-(

I've eaten in New York.

Know lotsa people from there.

Eaten more "New York-style" this and that than I care to remember.

When I see that on the menu now, I look straight to the prices..... yeah.... no thanks.

Here in the Phoenix area we have more NY-this and NYPD-that and a chain called "Native New Yorker" that's an overpriced sports bar....

Pride's one thing, personal taste another - reality may be something else entirely.

[-X

How many of you New Yawkahs ever ate in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or California?

[-(

I've eaten in New York.

Know lotsa people from there.

Eaten more "New York-style" this and that than I care to remember.

When I see that on the menu now, I look straight to the prices..... yeah.... no thanks.

Here in the Phoenix area we have more NY-this and NYPD-that and a chain called "Native New Yorker" that's an overpriced sports bar....

Pride's one thing, personal taste another - reality may be something else entirely.

[-X

Neo...

"New York style" in other states is not the same as actually being from New York. It's a marketing thing--you of all people ought to see this. ](*,)'[rolleyes]

I've eaten in Texas and New Mexico. Some of the food was very good, some of it was not. I've had good and bad in New York. I've had good and bad in Tennessee. I've had good and bad in Virginia. I've had good and bad in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Connecticut. I used to go on a lot of road trips with my family. Can't make claims about the food in California or Arizona, but I'm sure that much as in any other state, some of it is good and some of it isn't. I'd bet, however, that Arizona has some downright awful pizza, and some very good pizza. [-( Still, I'm certain that most of the folks on this forum wouldn't know a good pizza if it got up and took a bite out of them.

The "Native New Yorker" chain is a load of BS by the way. Why would you use that as part of an argument towards New York's detriment? That has nothing to do with the actual location. It's apparently just an overpriced sports bar chain which capitalizes off of the name and concept of New York? Same goes for anything else with "New York" branding that you may find in your precious, oh-so-superior Phoenix area. <_<

You know, I'm homesick, depressed and agitated, so that may have colored my opinion. Ask me in a week and I'll probably give a more reasonable response. At the moment, though, your comment came off as just a little...

hurr_train.jpg

... precious, oh-so-superior Phoenix area. <_<

Nothing Superior about Phoenix.

Superior is almost 100 miles east of PHX, thru the mountains on Hwy. 60.

[flapper]

Phoenix is also a fresh melting pot of all 50 states.

- something NY used to be before people started leaving 30 years ago.

There's something new popping up here every day - from California mostly, because that gives it credibility.

[blink][bored]

Fifth largest city in the US behind NYC, LA, Chicago and Houston - and I spent 15 years in Houston.

Phoenix is very different in its own way from all the other major cities.

Primarily because it's in the middle of NOWHERE.

Get away from the city (where I live) and it's a whole 'nother world.

Marry a native like I did, and now and then you can still see what Arizona used to be before everybody moved here...

[biggrin]

Plus you never have to shovel sunshine. I've been all over the country and Arizona has the best Mexican food bar none and pretty much everything else has been brought here. Best Pizza locally is probably Grimaldi's coal fired pizza the best anywhere is a Maui Zowie from roundtable pizza in Kanapali, Maui and I usually don't even like Hawaiian style pizza. Chicago has good pizza also and some of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at were in downtown Chicago.

Best BBQ is in Gilbert, Arizona a place called Joe's BBQ and it's amazing. Sorry Ive never found anything better in New York but you have the rudest cab drivers if that counts for anything.

Archived