Gibson Brands Forums

stone henge

Diego the guy

ha, i dont really mean aliens guys, i was joking. and im only saying all this because my bible study teacher went off and started preaching [biggrin] sooo, it was just for yall to talk about.

Not so fast, there. You started off suggesting aliens, but now you say that you "didn't really mean" aliens?

How will anyone ever believe what you write in the future?

"The Prince of Darkness"

All my years in industry, I could always get a smile out of the older technicians.

When troubleshooting equipment stumps them I would mention something about "The Prince of Darkness."

The old guys would chuckle and ask me if I ever owned a British sports car or motorcycle.

The young guys just go "Huh?"

[blink]

No, your generation just cared more about their work. My generation, including me, don't give a damn as long as it gets done or sometimes we really don't care whether or not it gets done at all. msp_flapper.gif

Wouldn't that kinda be "work ethics"? :-k

I know we're mostly joking about the aliens thing, but there are people who take that theory seriously. Here's what gets me. If aliens really did travel all those light years to reach Earth, why would (wood [biggrin] ) they have used such primitive building materials once they arrived? I'm sure they didn't get here in stone spaceships. :-k

From a workman's perspective it's usually easier to have the materials on site than it is to have to transport them there yourself, at least I find that to be true for any deck, floor, drywall, or tiling job I've ever done.

As for the whole Tman comment on work ethics, well Saturn, you nailed it.

Archived