Gibson Brands Forums

Confessions

Silenced Fred

Well, I saw The Frantic, a local band, open for Papa Roach on Thursday, got home reeking of weed and Guinness, and I didn't get to enjoy either, but I have met the lead singer twice, really cool guy, and he had what looked like a SG 61 Reissue in white. Huge GAS attack. So I looked up the 61 reissue on Gibson's site, and I saw no white one [crying]

SGs, really are the way to go, I have since then played a few, and yeah, I'm a convert from Les Pauls...

Well, I saw The Frantic, a local band, open for Papa Roach on Thursday, got home reeking of weed and Guinness, and I didn't get to enjoy either, but I have met the lead singer twice, really cool guy, and he had what looked like a SG 61 Reissue in white. Huge GAS attack. So I looked up the 61 reissue on Gibson's site, and I saw no white one [crying]

SGs, really are the way to go, I have since then played a few, and yeah, I'm a convert from Les Pauls...

I thought a week or so ago you were all into Fenders?

Hmm...

[lol]

Just Kidding.

The only SG I've seen or had an opportunity to play was an Epiphone goth or faded or worn black thing. No inlays and all black.

I didn't play it though...

Wait...didnt you just tell me like a week ago you didnt like SG's?

Or was that xdemon. [mellow]

Oh and check this out! http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/5996/Gibson-Custom-Shop-SG-Special-Reissue-VOS-Classic-White/

Im saving up for one. [thumbup]

Nope you were right the first time Dem00n :) I was originally after a '61 RI in white before I bought this standard. Hard to find. Still want one but it will have to wait until after my next amp purchase.

Edit: I got to see Papa Roach at a small venue here called Foxtown back when it had local music. This was when "Last Resort" hit big on MTV. They also had Chevelle and 30 Seconds to Mars around that time. I miss being able to see live music without driving for hours.

Oh and check this out! http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/5996/Gibson-Custom-Shop-SG-Special-Reissue-VOS-Classic-White/

Probably was me. For a while, I was against them. Never really gave it a chance.

I still want a Strat and a Tele, but a white SG will be mine... they are on Musician's Friend, but not on the Gibson site [confused]

Happens all the time.

Probably another Guitar Center-style "exclusive" available nowhere else.

Must be great to be a Gibson dealer with tricks like that going on all the time, eh?

Actually, I think it is Neo. I know my classic white is a GC only run, it's even in the model number. SGSGCCWCHI

They made white '61s as a GOTW model a while ago. Ther than that I don't know.

I'm really glad you gave them a chance and liked it. A lot of people just see the horns and think it's something it isn't necessarily.

I'm a really mellow guy.. I don't listen to gnarly metal or anything. The SG is my favorite. My SG can sound so smooth and mellow.

Did you play a '61 or another model?

I was so happy to find out Thom Yorke plays an SG lol. Now you just need to plug a good SG into an ac30 and dial in a sweet clean tone just on the edge of crunch and you'll see how I roll lol.

That was, most certainly, not me. My favorite model is the SG, by far. Great upper fret access, very nice aesthetics, good, versatile sound, great feel. A white 61RI is one of my dream guitars.

I'm the guy who formerly disliked PRS, and then started GASing for a Mira (and now an NF3.) My my, how things change.

Archived