Gibson Brands Forums

Black nuts? lol...no seriously

Supersonic

Does anyone else hate the black nuts that they are putting on a lot of the Epi's nowadays? It just doesn't look right too me. The white looks so much better (no, I'm not racist). Replacing the stock nut with a Tusq one is usually a priority, but seriously Epi, stop it with the black nuts!!

(Very bored on a Saturday and killing time before Alabama plays, so yes I do realize that this post is rubbish and completely useless.)

I have really never been a fan of the black nuts. But really, they are all junk cheap plastic nuts on Epis anyhow, no matter the color. (Except on Elists) I usually change them and put on a white Graph Tech Tusq nut.

Waiting for the Michigan vs. Michigan State game here.

Every Epiphone I've ever bought, with the exception of my PR-4E (acoustic) had a black nut on it. Yeah, they are cheap plastic, but personally I cant complain because every one of them has been perfect. Never a problem with them. Although, since they have all been made properly, I havent had much incentive to replace them for something better, either. One of these days I'm going to replace the plastic nut on my EBM for brass. Some day...

I have really never been a fan of the black nuts. But really, they are all junk cheap plastic nuts on Epis anyhow, no matter the color. (Except on Elists) I usually change them and put on a white Graph Tech Tusq nut.

Waiting for the Michigan vs. Michigan State game here.

The Prophecy series is advertised on most sites as having graphite nuts. I couldn't find this documented on the Epiphone web site though. Is there any way to tell if a nut is plastic or graphite?

The Prophecy series is advertised on most sites as having graphite nuts. I couldn't find this documented on the Epiphone web site though. Is there any way to tell if a nut is plastic or graphite?

Look at it. [tongue] It will have a decidedly different texture to a normal cheapy plastic nut. [thumbup]

My Prophecy LP absolutely has a 'graphite' nut.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived