Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone like punk or celtic punk?

Riptide

Well...

I listened to quite a bit of Dead Kennedys, T.S.O.L, Agent Orange, Dead Milkmen, Black Flag and uh.. Surf Punks in the 80's [lol]

I suppose some of those might count.

Agent Orange kicks so much a**.

Yeah, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Social D, Bad Religion, TSOL, The Circle Jerks, Minor Threat, Wasted Youth, Suicidal Tendencies...all good stuff. I listen to a bit of it all.

Yeah, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Social D, Bad Religion, TSOL, The Circle Jerks, Minor Threat, Wasted Youth, Suicidal Tendencies...all good stuff. I listen to a bit of it all.

Yeah, I like Bad Religion as well... I'll have to check out Agent Orange.

Hell yea they do [thumbup]

I forgot about Circle Jerks (the band).. good times, good times (they were fun to listen to) [lol]

Riptide, check out TSOL if you've never heard them. "Change Today?" is a spectacular album IMO.

I forgot about Circle Jerks.. good times, good times [lol]

Riptide, check out TSOL if you've never heard them. "Change Today?" is a spectacular album IMO.

Okay, I will. I'm going through huge punk phase now... that's like all I listen to. [biggrin]

Does anyone know the what gear the Dropkick Murphys use? I've been looking all over and can't Find it! :unsure:

Well...

I listened to quite a bit of Dead Kennedys, T.S.O.L, Agent Orange, Dead Milkmen, Black Flag and uh.. Surf Punks in the 80's [lol]

I suppose some of those might count.

i had the fortunate experience of opening for them about two years ago here in Boston.

awesome bunch of guys.

fun times........msp_thumbup.gif

I forgot about Circle Jerks.. good times, good times [lol]

Please rephrase and reconsider [blink]

I do love punk music, a local band called the Frantic I have met twice, great buncha guys.

Now when I say punk I mean new wave punk... but yeah, do any of you listen to that type of stuff? I particularly like The Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly and Social Distortion to name a few...

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] Heck yeah man!! All good!! I am also into rockabilly and psychobilly kinda punk related as in Reverend Horton Heat, Hank III, Batmobile, The Cramps, Split Lip Rayfield and on and on…

Agent Orange...who would name them self after a classic thrash metal record?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIdkv6Wx5A

Great album, but...I sincerely hope you're joking.

Know your history. Agent Orange was an herbicide used in the American military's chemical warfare program in Vietnam, "Operation Ranch Hand." It tended to cause birth defects and numerous health problems in the Vietnamese population.

I hope Celtic Punk doesn't involve men wearing skirts..or bag pipes.

For some bands? Heck yeah! Kilts and bag pipes area awesome. The bagpiper on the Drop Murphs wears a kilt... I think all the guys on The Real McKenzies wear kilts... and Enter the Haggis as well!

First of all, Bag Pipes are awesome. Who can forget the Bag Pipe solo on AC/DC's It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to Rock and Roll) [i think I might have that confused with another song]

Second, I didn't see "The Mahones" mentioned in that list, if you like that type of stuff look 'em up.

Third I prefer Great Big Sea and their type of celtic music to punk stuff, I never got into the punk scene.

[lol] [lol] [lol]

You know how it goes. I was young.. we were bored.. seemed like a good idea at the time. :unsure:

That's scary... I didn't want to know that.

BTW, the Circle Jerks, as in the band, are very good. They started a super group just a little while ago. I'm gonna depressed that I missed Riot Fest in Chicago last weekend...

Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine is pretty good.

First of all, Bag Pipes are awesome. Who can forget the Bag Pipe solo on AC/DC's It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to Rock and Roll) [i think I might have that confused with another song]

Second, I didn't see "The Mahones" mentioned in that list, if you like that type of stuff look 'em up.

Third I prefer Great Big Sea and their type of celtic music to punk stuff, I never got into the punk scene.

I really like the Mahones and Great Big Sea as well. Also, Yellow Card is pretty awesome.

Great album, but...I sincerely hope you're joking.

Know your history. Agent Orange was an herbicide used in the American military's chemical warfare program in Vietnam, "Operation Ranch Hand." It tended to cause birth defects and numerous health problems in the Vietnamese population.

I cant make a joke? [bored]

Archived