Gibson Brands Forums

you/your band's clips

saturn

Sure, we can all watch clips of Gary Moore, Jeff Beck, SRV, Jimmy Page and the other greats all day long.

But many of us small-timers have clips too. How about sharing some more.

Here's one of my bands from last January. I only sing 2 songs, this one and "Last Dance With Mary Jane". Thank god that's all :unsure:

th_BlueDog024.jpg

Now for your's [thumbup]

Sure, we can all watch clips of Gary Moore, Jeff Beck, SRV, Jimmy Page and the other greats all day long.

But many of us small-timers have clips too. How about sharing some more.

Here's one of my bands from last January. I only sing 2 songs, this one and "Last Dance With Mary Jane". Thank god that's all :unsure:

th_BlueDog024.jpg

Now for your's [thumbup]

All I have is a Purevolume at www.purevolume.com/oddmanout3. I have never voluntarily listened to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I write a song, show my friend and he says "You fxcker, you ripped off Last Dance with Mary Jane"...

Never listened to the song, its the same chord progression and rhythm. Holy hell!

It's called Gotta Be Me if you go on the purevolume

Isn't it amazing how many truly talented people have day jobs?

I used to go to Homestead, Florida to a place called the Main Street Cafe. Unfortunately, they are closed now. I rarely came home from someone's performance without wondering why they weren't really famous.

I'll have to destroy some band width with an upload of my feeble attempts.

Here is a clip of our band doing a cover of the Police's Roxanne. The band's name is Geezer. September 6th 2010, a reunion in Friday Harbor Washington the night before my wedding. Having fun. There are mistakes but we practiced only once and without amps before the gig - not making excuses but OK, I'm making them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR-uyJ0j6ns

Here is the band 32 years ago in 1978 doing an original called Black Molly in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm playing the V and the singer is playing the explorer (both real Gibsons) and he's the same one singing Roxanne 32 years later. The guy has some pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHu4t8qFq6s

Great stuff there mrktwn and tman [thumbup]

And fred, I did notice the similarity in your song to Tom Petty's when I listened to it earlier in the week. Oh well, it's almost impossible to write something now days that doesn't have the same chords as something else.

I'm the guy with the Explorer. We're not "one of the greats" but IMHO we are great band! We do some touring, so please come see us if you get a chance!

Ha! We opened for the Bottle Rockets back in '94 at the old Reptile House in Grand Rapids, MI. I think Brian Henneman and Mark Ortman were the only two current cats with the band at the time. I remember the bass player had this crazy Frankenstein bass: green V body with an upside down Fender P-bass neck. You cats have been carrying the Midwest roots rock banner proudly since then.

Yep, Radar Gun thats us. Yeah that was the old bass player, Tom V. Ray with the ugly bass. You can see him playing with Neko Case these days. The bass player and I are new. Newish. Anybody In DC, Philly, or Brooklyn? Gonna be there in November...

Archived