Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever had your heart broken?

heymisterk

Broken heart?

I don't know....or can't remember really. Probably hurt once or twice but after being with the same wonderful woman for 30 years it's hard to remember.

Two young kids got engaged 30 years ago this coming Christmas. I was a college student, working night stock at the local grocery store and playing rock n roll on the weekends. She was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broken heart?

I don't know....or can't remember really. Probably hurt once or twice but after being with the same wonderful woman for 30 years it's hard to remember.

Two young kids got engaged 30 years ago this coming Christmas. I was a college student, working night stock at the local grocery store and playing rock n roll on the weekends. She was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen.

Seems to me you posted a photo some time ago that showed your wife...you DEFINATELY married above your pay-grade! (as did I)

LOL! True dat.

Here we are 30 years ago and more recently. She just gets better with age and I used to have hair.

olddays007.jpg

beautyandthebeast-1.jpg

As Neo said... you have gotten lucky before!

Now you've made me want to find photos of my wife and I thirty years ago, and a recent one....

I find it interesting that the entire thread has taken a romantic angle. What about family members who have passed away or are addicted to drugs, or family pets? They all also cause broken hearts.

But of course..... I'm an orphan... mom died in 2009, dad in 1998... my son was on drugs for about 10 years.... he FINALLY got sober, (after several "visits" to the county jail, and the judge sentencing him to rehab or 9 months), he's now graduated from College, has a GREAT job, and is the kid, (31), I used to know. Pets... that's the normal order of things.... they HAVE to die before us.... if we die first, they end up in shelters or whatever... not good..... my dogs are VERY important to me. Heartaches all...but not a "broken heart".... that is reserved for the groupie who was passed around by more bandmembers than a joint...but thank GAWD she did 'cause I would have never met my wife had she not run off with some creep!

It's nice to know we are not alone. Thankfully, we've all been touched by heartbreak in a good way as well. Some great music was written/recorded because of lost love.

I heard a story once about Sinatra. He was late for a recording session and no one knew where he was. He and Ava Gardner had split and he was a mess. The story is, Frank finally showed up, soaking wet, after walking around in the rain. He took off his coat, stepped up to the mic, and sang this song. One Take. Then without saying a word, picked up his coat and walked back into the evening rain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PpcrssGBdw

Heartbreak personified. 'Nuff said.

cookieman15061

With all due respect - and you've gotta figure it's a comment from an old guy looking at pix of a girl who's a lot younger - I think your lady is a lot better looking now, one of those rare people who start off very attractive, but then develop into what a photographer finds incredibly easy to show as beauty.

But again as an old guy who has "shot" thousands of people, it's the smile, too. It can't be faked. I wouldn't want to get her angry, but she's nice.

m

Doggone...

These ladies just keep looking good, eh?

I have a real problem with my sister, too. She looks far closer in age to her daughter than to her two male siblings - and all three are in their 60s.

m

Yes I was married for 15 years.We had a great marriage. Everything was great until I got sick and had to go on disability. She hung around for a few more years until she couldn't handle it anymore. She left and found someone with a lot of money. I least I got 2 great kids out of it so it wasn't a total loss. It still was rough letting go.

cookieman15061

With all due respect - and you've gotta figure it's a comment from an old guy looking at pix of a girl who's a lot younger - I think your lady is a lot better looking now, one of those rare people who start off very attractive, but then develop into what a photographer finds incredibly easy to show as beauty.

But again as an old guy who has "shot" thousands of people, it's the smile, too. It can't be faked. I wouldn't want to get her angry, but she's nice.

m

Yeah milo she grew up right before my eyes. From a young pretty girl to a beautiful woman. Everyday she challenges me to be a better person. She's raised 3 great children, spoils her 2 grandkids rotten, puts up with my music and loves guitars. In the end though she's my best friend and I couldn't imagine a life without her.

I have had mine broken more than once, I have left a few broken in the wake of my cruise through time..That's the thing about lost loves and broken hearts. As someone once wrote;

And in the end, the love you make is equal to the love you take.

I would edit it to;

Don't fall in love it will stick to your face. (age lines)

I was on the other side of damian's story, in my junior year of high school I got my girl friend pregnant, her family shipped her off to have the child, and told me the baby was being put up for adoption.

Two years later while I was a freshman in college and 1,000 miles away, I learned she had kept the child, I tried to contact her through her family but they disowned her and refused to speak about her.

After a few years I married but it didn't last long (the greatest heartbreak of my life but that's another story). I searched for her and the boy for years, even after remarrying and with the help of my wife of 26 years but haven't been able to find Laurie or the boy..he would be 42 today.

I know it must have been really hard on her and don't blame her, but I have to admit I feel cheated. I was never given the chance to even help them or to know him. I hope someday to ask him for forgiveness.

I know I'm being and asshole for posting this here (as there seem to be a lot of heartbroken folks in here) but I just had my heart broken, by Gibson.

Yeah, you got that right, I believed in them again, after saying time and time again I wouldn't trust them any more.

Firebird X.

World changin' event.

Revolution.

Innovation.

WTF

I am are disgruntle.

I know I'm being and asshole for posting this here (as there seem to be a lot of heartbroken folks in here) but I just had my heart broken, by Gibson.

Yeah, you got that right, I believed in them again, after saying time and time again I wouldn't trust them any more.

Firebird X.

World changin' event.

Revolution.

Innovation.

WTF

I am are disgruntle.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA its true. i can't believe that stuff, now this topic will get moved to its own sub forum...

I wonder if anyone on the forum will actually buy that piece of horseshit

Okay, I'll add my two cents worth.

I won't buy the Firebird X because quite simply I can't afford one.

Would I if I could? Maybe, although I'm not into solidbodies. I'd be more likely to buy this one than one built on an LP because of the weight.

I guess I must be in the minority even though I'm an antique because yeah, I do like the idea of getting into some high tech stuff.

There are advantages and disadvantages to such things, just as younger folks don't recall the arguments over the advantages and disadvantages of purpose-built electric guitars 50 and 60 years ago. I'll freely admit that if HenryJ gave me the option to have, free, any Gibson I'd like to have, I'd have some really difficult times figuring whether to do a new ES175, sexed-up 335s or one of the new tech instruments. Reeeeeeally difficult.

Why? I love the shape of the 175. I really like the semi-hollow too. But both were purpose built electrics that were not universally accepted in their own days of introduction. A little body, or a skinny one with a board inside to kill the sound and both are worthless without amps?

I like the idea of adding some techie stuff to a guitar, and have nothing whatsoever against the concept of robot - I used to switch tunings a lot - or chameleon technologies. I don't quite get the idea that "I don't want/can't afford one so Gibson is stupid for makng it." Don't forget that tended to be the response to the Les Paul in the 50s.

I've had an interesting life where I could see stuff for myself rather than having to take others' word for a lot of things. I guess I also look at things over a longer time period. I do remember the complaints about earlier generations of guitars - some that became popular, some that have cult followings and some that "everybody" loved, but ain't here any more.

So... I guess I just don't understand some of the complaints. After all, a board guitar is worthless because it needs an amp, and the amp's tubes get broken when we go to a gig, and a PA and backup tubes in the bus and good mikes along with acoustic guitars is better sound anyway, right? Anyway that's kinda what I heard 50 years ago...

m

Marketing is a matter of matching product to potential market in advertising, etc.

m

Oh, as to the broken hearts from interpersonal relationships - yeah, I'll also wager most of us, male and female, have no idea whom we may have hurt along the road.

Archived