Gibson Brands Forums

Power back on now

sparky scott 29

So, did anybody even know I was gone for the last 2 1/2 days??

I thought not, that's why I saying I am back.

Power went out Tues. nit just came on Thurs. 7:00 P.M. It was cold, the '20's ... The generator started right up, but only the 110 side worked,

I needed the 220 V side to hook up the fuse box.... Had to get kerosine heater out so I wouldn't freeze all the way to death..

And to think, none of you turkey's even knew or cared for that matter, while I was wishing I could type something again..

You don't realize how much you miss something till it's gone...... I'm okay now, sorry for venting, You may go about your business normally..

Hey, I suffered, so now a few of you guys had to suffer along with me by reading this..... msp_flapper.gif

20 , damn thats frigging cold. Aint seen cold weather like that in almost a decade, and that was not long enough ago.

We already have 2 snow falls this year. 1 about 1/2 inch, the other was around 2 inches couple weeks back.

And no, I do NOT live in the mountains. I'm glad we don't, other wise we would be screwed.. We normally get around 300 inches or more yearly.... dry.gif

Glad you got through it ok. I had a situation similar to yours after Hurricane Wilma came to town in 2005. 4 Days no power or cable. The same thing with my generator on the 110 side. Good for the refrigerator, lights, fans etc. Not good for the Central A/C, or the hot water heater.

Actually Sparky scott, after the second day of your disappearance your friends on this forum began planning a rescue party for you, but they were side tracked by Gibson's Big Announcement. A few were going to fly up there and trudge through the snow and do a 'welfare check,' but decided that the airline's extra fees made their rescue effort too costly. I was told that they were so worried about you that postings actually dropped by 36% the second day of your disappearance. Two threaders had the nerve to start wondering who was going to inherit your gibbies....If the forum rules allow it, perhaps a temporary tax can be imposed on new postings until we can buy you a state of the art generator..........The 'Turkeys on this forum do care.' :unsure: :-k

Sorry man, when I see people not post for a while, I just assume they got a life and left the keyboard [flapper]

Glad to see you back

Me? Get a life?? Naw, you're dreaming, or shall I say I am dreaming. msp_sleep.gif

Thanx for the comment!

Actually Sparky scott, after the second day of your disappearance your friends on this forum began planning a rescue party for you, but they were side tracked by Gibson's Big Announcement. A few were going to fly up there and trudge through the snow and do a 'welfare check,' but decided that the airline's extra fees made their rescue effort too costly. I was told that they were so worried about you that postings actually dropped by 36% the second day of your disappearance. Two threaders had the nerve to start wondering who was going to inherit your gibbies....If the forum rules allow it, perhaps a temporary tax can be imposed on new postings until we can buy you a state of the art generator..........The 'Turkeys on this forum do care.' :unsure: :-k

I see brownie points here. At that rate you make the top of the list for my Gibby's in the inheritance!! msp_biggrin.gif

Only 36 %?? So much for the big announcement and its prevalence towards me though. Oh well, I would have done the same.

So much for the rescue party showing up here.. At least we all can joke about it now. Wasn't so funny there for a few days though..

I knew you were gone, but wasn't worried. You Yoopers are tough as nails. Figured you were out wrestling up an elk for dinner. Mmmm, elk. Could go for an elk steak right now.

Me? Get a life?? Naw, you're dreaming, or shall I say I am dreaming. msp_sleep.gif

Thanx for the comment!

I'm gonna try and go scott free from this place for the rest of the weekend, but I just posted a topic im going to have to watch today...

You, my friend, make this website [flapper]

I thought not, that's why I saying I am back.

Power went out Tues. nit just came on Thurs. 7:00 P.M. It was cold, the '20's ... The generator started right up, but only the 110 side worked,

I needed the 220 V side to hook up the fuse box.... Had to get kerosine heater out so I wouldn't freeze all the way to death..

And to think, none of you turkey's even knew or cared for that matter, while I was wishing I could type something again..

You don't realize how much you miss something till it's gone...... I'm okay now, sorry for venting, You may go about your business normally..

Hey, I suffered, so now a few of you guys had to suffer along with me by reading this..... msp_flapper.gif

"220 side"? [huh] With a name like "Sparky", I suppose it is to be expected. [scared] You might want to consult an electrician about your back-up hook-up.

Glad to hear you are back on the grid and thawing out Sparky.

"Gibbies" [scared]

Tell us, Sparky, how did you keep your Gibbies from freezing?

I have two Kerosun heaters and 5 gallons of kerosene for just-in-case. (just made the final payment last month) I should probably get another 5, now that the first 5 gallons are paid off.

I can freeze proof my home, but never thought about the guitars. [sad]

No 5hit, I used to be stationed at KI Sawyer; just noticed your a upper........ Damn both my children were born in Gwin. Some of the best fishing in the world in your area.

Gwinn, that's down below Marquette about 20-25 miles South of I believe.. Think about , ( as the crow flies ), 75 miles NNE of Marquette... Now that's what I'm talking..

.I can freeze proof my home, but never thought about the guitars. [sad]

Believe me, they got some cold, but, they're starting to get to " normal " , what ever that is considering normal is a relative word or term...

They DID require a couple of extra blankets, while I froze, but that was to be expected... msp_blink.gif

You would do the same. laugh.gif

Veggies don't do so well around here. I have tried a new planter that works rather well though.

It's roughly 2.5 X 3 feet box, made of plastic, with a false bottom, so one thing you can't over water them, and they are inside more that outside at night...

It has a tube you fill the water... It's called the Earth Box... No kidding, it does fairly well over other things I have tried in the past..

You HAVE to bring in a night, cause who knows what will yet the plant over night....

I have it sitting on a little cart so I can wheel it around ...Google it.. It's the bee's knees... msp_tongue.gif

Ur up near Eagle point? I had to go up there on TDY a few times because there is a very small Air Force substation (radar) and had a weeks worth of work there every year I was in the U.P.

You mean 5 mile point?

Let's just say, between Calumet and Delaware...... for now... Lots of eyes... unsure.gif

Did you work at Sawyer??

Archived