I approach a post count

as if it was a golf score

[last two posts acoarst

notwithstanding .... ].

/quote]

So you want a mulligan on your last two posts? LOL

Craig

[confused]

You won two goldtops?!? And didn't have to pay for them?!? And they didn't cost anything?!?

It must be tough being you...

[biggrin]

Just painting with a little sarcasm my friend. I was very blessed to win em.

ps I thought everyone on here knew about me winning those guitars.

PS Cookleman, that is a SERIOUSLY cute 360 in that pic! What colour is your 330? Mine is Montezuma brown and is simply gorgeous, but I've always had a soft spot for the fireglow. If any of you guys want to see a superbly finished guitar, check out a Ric - they are in a league of their own.

Hi Welshman my 330 is a jetglo and she's a beaut too. I've always been a huge Rickenbacker fan but never had the chance to own one till this year. My 330 is a '99 but you be hard pressed to find a scratch on her.

I just picked up the 360 12 string a couple of months ago. Mint condition 2005 at a price I couldn't pass up. Great guitars! msp_thumbup.gif

rics009.jpg

ahhhh yes....I remember the day you announced you'd won them (on the "downtown" side of the GFOB forums)......

and I STILL hate ya for winning them !!! [biggrin] just kiddin' bro, somebody had to win them and it's nice knowing a REAL person CAN win these "giveaways".

only thing i've ever won was a radio station t-shirt for being the ONLY caller that knew Steve Millers God-Father was Les Paul.

Just painting with a little sarcasm my friend. I was very blessed to win em.

I knew you were joking when you "complained" about waiting, but I'm still in awe about you winning two goldtops! [thumbup]

How did you do it? Wet T-shirt contest???

[biggrin]

I love Gibsons...I haven't had any issues worth complaining about. I will continue to enjoy them and plan to be a Gibson customer - right up to the point they screw ME on a purchase, or the experience in buying it is no longer enjoyable.

In this case I completely agree with the OP's notions.

Why would I want to reward them by buying another guitar after being so dissapointed on the last?

THEY sold the Darkfires. THEIR name is on the headstock. If they sold them before they were ready (putting out "untested technology") that is unacceptable. If they are not supporting them as promised that is unacceptable. If the quality is so poor that they don't function properly once they get home, that is unacceptable. If this or ANY guitar was/is released the same way - that is totally unacceptable. (not talking a rare lemon that gets through QC, which one simply returns).

There are plenty of other guitar makers out there. There is no way I would buy another Gibson if I had gone through what the OP did. Keep rewarding them with "it's the victim's fault" or "oh well - he should just buy a different one" and they will never have the incentive to make things better. THAT is unacceptable.

Archived