Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Gibson Stories

MojoRedFoot

Years ago (74) I bought my first Gibson - 65 Melody Maker (DC). Love it. Still have it. Over the ensuing years I purchased many Gibson guitars, electric and acoustic. Never had a problem. Currently I've got that Melody Maker, a LP, a SG and a J-200. Love 'em all. And just because we see a lot of electric guitars in the Lounge, here's my J-200 (bone bridge and bone pins with tortoise inlay by Bob Colosi) -

08GibsonSJ200front2.jpg

08GibsonSJ200backsm.jpg

Wow. Gorgeous!

Years ago (74) I bought my first Gibson - 65 Melody Maker (DC). Love it. Still have it. Over the ensuing years I purchased many Gibson guitars, electric and acoustic. Never had a problem. Currently I've got that Melody Maker, a LP, a SG and a J-200. Love 'em all. And just because we see a lot of electric guitars in the Lounge, here's my J-200 (bone bridge and bone pins with tortoise inlay by Bob Colosi) -

08GibsonSJ200front2.jpg

08GibsonSJ200backsm.jpg

With a guitar like that, everyday must be a Happy Gibson Story day...[thumbup]

In 2007 I bought a gibson Les Paul Classic, cheery burst... I had no idea how to play guitar at the time. I had alway wanted to lear to play guitar but I never had the patients as a child or in my teens or twenties or thirties or fourties... etc. So at the age of 51 or 52 I bought a Les Paul and told myself I am going to learn how to play. So I did... [smile] Was a ***** at first but I didn't give up. I practiced everyday for at least one or two hours, sometimes four or five. I was laid off from work at the time... Got to the point where I could actually play the basic chords and was doing well on my fingerings. After two years I was asked to jam with some friends. I was scared sh1t... Turned out great, even though I was greener than green they encouraged me and asked me to join the band... [thumbup] During this time I had started to collect guitars. I bought quite a few actually and did pretty well on all my purchases. Found Gibsons on Ebay at guitar center and even got a couple of my own project guitars built. Now more than three years into it I can actually play guitar, I feel comfortable doing so and I love it!! Joining the band was the best thing I ever did as far as doing something to improve my playing. I still have a lot to learn and work ahead of me but I love it!! So that's my Gibson story.... [biggrin]

Damian, a happy story indeed. You should write stories professionally. +1

Say hi to Campbell's Bar B Que, love that place.

Thankyou Tman; I live less than 1000 feet from Cambell's Bar B Que...When I saw the thread title, I said, ooooooh, storytime. Sat down, and it just flowed out without planning..Hope Henry reads it, maybe he'll give me a '59 Paul.....It is the season of giving !![thumbup]

Archived