Gibson Brands Forums

PLease show your '61 reissues here. I want to see all the varying shades of heritage cherry.

Lungimsam

Thanks guys, awesome SG's. Yes, the lighting can make a big difference. I see the faded and heritage cherrys are different. Thanks for the info. That would explain why mine is so much lighter than the others I have seen.

Anyone seen one in "wine" red? Is that darker than the Heritage Cherry?

Here's a pic of my SG-3. It is basically a 61 RI with 3 pups and a 6 way rotary switch. Notice how the second piece of wood at the left took a different shade frome the stain. This is only noticeable when I use the flash. It's kind of odd the way they made it. Alot of guitars have the splice in the center of the guitar. I wonder if that effects the way a guitar sustains?

IMG_0188.jpg

Thanks guys, awesome SG's. Yes, the lighting can make a big difference. I see the faded and heritage cherrys are different. Thanks for the info. That would explain why mine is so much lighter than the others I have seen.

Anyone seen one in "wine" red? Is that darker than the Heritage Cherry?

Wine red is available on the gloss SG Specials and it is darker than both Faded and Heritage Cherry.

I love the way Faded Cherry looks on those Historic '61s but I prefer a darker red for "Batwing" SGs.

so you installed yours, or is it a STD reissue?

It came with it from the factory. In 2001 they were offering the '61 reissue with or without the maestro lyre vibrola. I guess they stopped for some reason, which I don't understand, as it adds so much more coolness to it. I am just glad I got one of them.

Archived