Gibson Brands Forums

D.S.T.

MrNylon

Hey folks; Don't forget to turn your time pieces back an hour. DST ends Sunday morning. [thumbup]

Thanks gsgbass, I was running out of time, although my gal told me to take my time, and the timing was perfect, as afterwards when she looked at the clock she said, " Wow, ninety minutes?"

My handy dandy atomic clock still has not changed as of yet 23:42 Sun still says 0:42...

One has the right time the other one, same model different room says different....

Nice to see they are accurate.

A. If the time change is made via RF signal, your unadjusted clock might be in an RF deficient part of your house. Move it next to the other one.

B. The US does not observe the DST schedule it once did. It could be programed for the older DST rules.

My atomic clock makes the changes automatically - and I don't want it to!

I'm in Arizona, where we "opted out" of DST years ago.

The DST schedule keeps getting extended, I say make it permanent.

In WW II it was called War Time, moved clocks ahead one hour and stayed there for several years.

When I'm President, DST will be permanently implemented.

[thumbup]

A. If the time change is made via RF signal, your unadjusted clock might be in an RF deficient part of your house. Move it next to the other one.

B. The US does not observe the DST schedule it once did. It could be programed for the older DST rules.

The funny thing about that it IS easy to readjust manually, but I put it along side of the other nod, which they are identical, and it never caught up still as of now.

Also, if you notice 3 or 4 along of each other they are all off a little as much as 1/2 a second.

Yeah, I mean it IS an atomic clock, eh?

Years ago, my ex was gonna buy a nice thermometer for inside the house.

(My ugly little outdoor thermo on the bookshelf drove her crazy)

We were at Wal Mart and she saw one she liked.

She dropped it in the cart and rolled on.

I noticed that several were WAY off, and there was like a 15 degree spread among them all.

Figuring the store to be about 74 degrees and finding that to be the median of error, I grabbed one that agreed with me.

I walked to the cart and compared it to the one she just grabbed.

It registered something like 80.

I KNEW it wasn't 80 degrees inside the store, so it went back on the shelf.

The wife turned to me and got all pissy for me being so critical.

Getting The Look and the silent treatment I finally asked;

"What? It looks identical to the other one and it's probably more accurate . . . "

"It doesn't matter how accurate it is!"

I guess the dumb look I gave her at that point was more than she could stand.

It went back on the shelf too, and we left without a fancy-looking halfassed thermometer.

And my cheesy little outdoor thermo remained accurate for years to come - long after we divorced . . .

:rolleyes:

WalMuts thermos are probably not the most accurate in the world.

"I don't care how it works, so long as it looks nice on the shelf." WalMut's philosophy since the old man died (Sam W.).

WalMut's thermometers exhibiting a 15° - 20° spread is not surprising. It's probably a translation error from the Mandarin to Engrish.

Funny that two 'atomic' clocks are so far off from each other. Kind of puts a damper into the whole marketing plan of selling consumer grade 'atomic' clocks, don't it? I mean, really, does a consumer NEED to be that accurate? I am usually happy if my watch and car stereo clock are within 5 minutes of each other. At one point in time my wife had to make sure all the clocks in the house were set ahead 15 minutes so she wouldn't be late. Guess what? she was still late. #-o She finally decided to set the alarm 15 minutes earlier. Sometimes we'd take my car. She would look at the dash clock and say [scared] "We're late!, we should have left 10 minutes ago!" "I'd say, no we're on time." She'd do the mental calculation that since the clocks were set 15 minutes ahead and the clock said we should have left 10 minutes ago we were late... "I know dear, but THIS clock is set correctly, we have 5 minutes to spare." She'd do a slow burn, [cursing], assuming MY clocks were set ahead and should be. For crimany sakes, she set the clocks ahead, did the calculation in her head based on the clocks being 15 minutes fast and still cut it close when leaving. She wouldn't drive my car much for this very reason. One DST Saturday, I took it upon myself to set the clocks back --- to the correct time --- My wife wasn't happy, but she never got around to moving the clocks ahead. I think I finally got her broke of setting the clocks ahead now.

Mrs. Neo and I have an understanding;

She doesn't tamper with ANY clocks in the house, except her own alarm clock.

Flip side, I never look at her alarm clock, because I never know how far in advance she has set it.

Anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes fast is the norm.

I will never understand that.

She will never understand why I always look at my watch when the AM radio beeps at the top of the hour.

If my watch starts to get off track, I give it away to somebody who doesn't care.

I won't own a clock, thermometer, etc., that does not do its job accurately - they're too cheap.

Trying to remember what car it was - some lady I was dating years ago had it.

There was a clock in the dash, and another clock on the radio display.

They NEVER agreed, now matter how many times I reset them.

Grrrrrr......

[cursing]

Yeah, I mean it IS an atomic clock, eh?

Years ago, my ex was gonna buy a nice thermometer for inside the house.

(My ugly little outdoor thermo on the bookshelf drove her crazy)

We were at Wal Mart and she saw one she liked.

She dropped it in the cart and rolled on.

I noticed that several were WAY off, and there was like a 15 degree spread among them all.

Figuring the store to be about 74 degrees and finding that to be the median of error, I grabbed one that agreed with me.

I walked to the cart and compared it to the one she just grabbed.

It registered something like 80.

I KNEW it wasn't 80 degrees inside the store, so it went back on the shelf.

The wife turned to me and got all pissy for me being so critical.

Getting The Look and the silent treatment I finally asked;

"What? It looks identical to the other one and it's probably more accurate . . . "

"It doesn't matter how accurate it is!"

I guess the dumb look I gave her at that point was more than she could stand.

It went back on the shelf too, and we left without a fancy-looking halfassed thermometer.

And my cheesy little outdoor thermo remained accurate for years to come - long after we divorced . . .

:rolleyes:

The funny part of the whole story you probably forgot, you probably went 10 rounds over who gets to keep the darn thermo.?? Am I close?? Just seems to work out that way in divorces.. msp_tongue.gif

Am I close?? Just seems to work out that way in divorces.

I'm 1 and 1 on that.

First one, I told her to leave my dog, my guitars, my guns and the new TV - take everything else and hit the road.

Second one was a two-year war costing $400k, along with all the usual niceties. Divorcing a paralegal is UGLY.

Archived