Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favorite songs written for dead people.

Kimbabig

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is of course the guy who died 2000 odd years ago whom way too many songs have been written about...Been waiting for someone else to come up with this one...

sorry i forgot Jesus!!!! ill post one for him=) JESUS IS A BEAST

this one is about god, but it is funny

Is it Godzilla by BOC?

Gosh gee golly wiz !!!!!!! It's ALWAYS the smart ones like you who figure out the true meanings of my posts !!!!!

As we all know, Godzilla will be returning and then, " Oh no, there goes Tokyo Go go go Godzilla !!!!!!!! [thumbup]

And of course, " Kumbaya, Godzilla, Kumbaya, Kumbaya Godzilla, Kumbaya." [thumbup][love]eusa_clap.gif[lol]

OK explain please.msp_confused.gif

Well Cookieman, the lyrics are self explanatory; like all good songwriters the main meaning of the song is clear, and other inferences are either meant to be known and/or not known; and often lyrics end up with meanings which others come up with which even suprise the original writer him(her)self...Of course, as you know, being a songwriter yourself, and a good one, that often words are put and fit together in order to create ambuguity, double innuendos; and often are simply fitted together in order to help them rhyme, sound nice and/or profound, confuse, or otherwise fit the music of the song rather than actually mean something...As such, many songs are often misunderstood, often to the delight and/or dismay of the songwiter himself....As a prolific and proficient songwriter myself I enjoy utilizing all of those techniques in my own songwriting as well...My including ' Fire Down Below ' Cookieman was an excercise along these lines, albiet from a slightly different and gently devious point of view. I was wondering and waiting to see which of you cerebal musicians would call me out for including the song, and it was you....The song in general is about people involving themselves in an activity that is age old, commonplace, and will always exist, and my ' reading ' of Bob's use of the term ' Fire down Below ' refers to the various emotions which are inherent in our very beings and deep down to the depths of our souls...Lust, greed, sex, exploitation, etc. etc. etc.......And regardless of one's views and morality thoughts of what the song sings about, and of course Bob himself does not involve any of that in the song, the song says that ' They've Got The Fire Down Below.' Of course he is singing about ' The Fire Down Below ' in reference to the term in how it fits into his song. The term can be used in regards to many other song subjects as well, but we are dealing here with his song, which I personally think is a wonderful song musically as well as lyrically. As you know Cookieman, the genesis of any song can come suddenly out of nowhere, from a deep sharp thought/shock in the mind, a long drawn out plan, and/or any combo thereof...I imagine that Bob one day may have had the line ' Fire down below ' pop into his head and the rest of the lyrics and music just happened....Now that the song exists, it has burned it's way into our memories of those who like it, and hopefully into the brains of those who hate it !!! So, why DID I include it in my list of songs about dead people? Because it is possible, just possible, although I am only speculating on this, that Bob uses the term' fire down below 'as a double innuenddo to also mean that those who engage in 'bad' activity of any kind may end up in ' The fire down below.' I have not studied this song, and Bob has not returned any of my phone calls or E-mails ( damn those rock stars ), so I do not know if that was his intention or not; Regardless, the lyrics are simple and clever, and I myself feel comfortable in understanding how the double innuendo is there since I see it there...I'll explain...In addition to the meaning of the term itself in the song, to do ill-will and exploit people without regards to their well being may result in them ending up in ' The fire down below.' Both the people doing wrong and the victims themselves may end up in ' The fire down below ' as a result of their actions, and in result of not controlling their own ' fire down below ' human nature callings...And many people end up dead because of the activities sung about in Bob's song...As such, my liberal interpretation allowed me to include the song in my list because my interpretation is that it CAN be about people now dead....This response has more words than the song itself, hmmmm, is that good or bad? That's for another thread Cookieman.....I don't know if you responded yet to my ' Reading Music ' thread yet, but PLEASE read my ' Thankyou' post on it on around page four, and you will have a better understanding of what rattles around in my musical mind....You asked, I answered Cookieman, and you owe me a guitar lesson; I might be free next Monday !!!!!

Well Cookieman, the lyrics are self explanatory; like all good songwriters the main meaning of the song is clear, and other inferences are either meant to be known and/or not known; and often lyrics end up with meanings which others come up with which even suprise the original writer him(her)self...Of course, as you know, being a songwriter yourself, and a good one, that often words are put and fit together in order to create ambuguity, double innuendos; and often are simply fitted together in order to help them rhyme, sound nice and/or profound, confuse, or otherwise fit the music of the song rather than actually mean something...As such, many songs are often misunderstood, often to the delight and/or dismay of the songwiter himself....As a prolific and proficient songwriter myself I enjoy utilizing all of those techniques in my own songwriting as well...My including ' Fire Down Below ' Cookieman was an excercise along these lines, albiet from a slightly different and gently devious point of view. I was wondering and waiting to see which of you cerebal musicians would call me out for including the song, and it was you....The song in general is about people involving themselves in an activity that is age old, commonplace, and will always exist, and my ' reading ' of Bob's use of the term ' Fire down Below ' refers to the various emotions which are inherent in our very beings and deep down to the depths of our souls...Lust, greed, sex, exploitation, etc. etc. etc.......And regardless of one's views and morality thoughts of what the song sings about, and of course Bob himself does not involve any of that in the song, the song says that ' They've Got The Fire Down Below.' Of course he is singing about ' The Fire Down Below ' in reference to the term in how it fits into his song. The term can be used in regards to many other song subjects as well, but we are dealing here with his song, which I personally think is a wonderful song musically as well as lyrically. As you know Cookieman, the genesis of any song can come suddenly out of nowhere, from a deep sharp thought/shock in the mind, a long drawn out plan, and/or any combo thereof...I imagine that Bob one day may have had the line ' Fire down below ' pop into his head and the rest of the lyrics and music just happened....Now that the song exists, it has burned it's way into our memories of those who like it, and hopefully into the brains of those who hate it !!! So, why DID I include it in my list of songs about dead people? Because it is possible, just possible, although I am only speculating on this, that Bob uses the term' fire down below 'as a double innuenddo to also mean that those who engage in 'bad' activity of any kind may end up in ' The fire down below.' I have not studied this song, and Bob has not returned any of my phone calls or E-mails ( damn those rock stars ), so I do not know if that was his intention or not; Regardless, the lyrics are simple and clever, and I myself feel comfortable in understanding how the double innuendo is there since I see it there...I'll explain...In addition to the meaning of the term itself in the song, to do ill-will and exploit people without regards to their well being may result in them ending up in ' The fire down below.' Both the people doing wrong and the victims themselves may end up in ' The fire down below ' as a result of their actions, and in result of not controlling their own ' fire down below ' human nature callings...And many people end up dead because of the activities sung about in Bob's song...As such, my liberal interpretation allowed me to include the song in my list because my interpretation is that it CAN be about people now dead....This response has more words than the song itself, hmmmm, is that good or bad? That's for another thread Cookieman.....I don't know if you responded yet to my ' Reading Music ' thread yet, but PLEASE read my ' Thankyou' post on it on around page four, and you will have a better understanding of what rattles around in my musical mind....You asked, I answered Cookieman, and you owe me a guitar lesson; I might be free next Monday !!!!! Bless you Cookieman.......

He could be talkin about the woodburner in his basement but we'd be stretching for that one too.eusa_think.gif

eusa_pray.gif Hey Joe; by Jimi Hendrix........about da gal the guy mentioned in the song who shot his gal...

Politically incorrect these days.

Self explanatory; would cookieman understand it ?? Dunno. :-k hmmm....eusa_pray.gif:-k ....

And There Is The Grand Daddy of them all;

RING AROUND THE ROSIE

Written by a dead duck.......

About; The Bubunic Plague....

The rhyme, poem, song, and variations thereof has been around for a long time...

It is, of course, about the bubunic plague, from which many died from...

It is amazing that our children today still sing the song and rhyme...

Without the understanding of the meaning of the song........

And yet in their hearts they do know that such a song....

Which they do not understand is one of caution...

And as such, sing it with gusto and passion...

Without knowing what it really means....

What is important is that our kids...

Carry on the tradition of singing..

Songs of caution to be aware..

That life and death is real....

And that ashes to ashes..

We all fall down..........

Eventually...........

One way.....

In time...

Just.....

Like...

The...

Rhyme,

Itself.......

eusa_pray.gif Hey Joe; by Jimi Hendrix........about da gal the guy mentioned in the song who shot his gal...

Politically incorrect these days.

Self explanatory; would cookieman understand it ?? Dunno. :-k hmmm....eusa_pray.gif:-k ....

ELLA SPEED

Well the first time I shot Ella

I shot her through the side

Second time I could not tell where

But the third time I shot her

I shot her through the head

You know that shot musta killed poor Ella dead

When they all got the news

That Ella speed was dead

They goes home and dresses up in red

There was two white horses

Side in side