Gibson Brands Forums

Beer News

NeoConMan

Got this in an email.

You've probably seen this before, but here's one for the holidays.

Men beware!!!

This is alarming

Beer contains female hormones!

Yes, that's right, FEMALE hormones!

Last month, Montreal University and scientists released the results of a recent analysis that

revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain Phytoestrogens) and that by

drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men each drank 8 schooners of beer within a one (1) hour period.

It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects, yes, 100% of all these men:

1) Argued over nothing.

2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.

3) Gained weight.

4) Talked excessively without making sense.

5) Became overly emotional

6) Couldn't drive.

7) Failed to think rationally, and

8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary!!

Send this to the men you know to warn them about drinking too much beer!

Ladies, Get over it!

Oh, man. Reminds me of last night. Drank two liters of PBR at this local dive bar called the Mutiny. An old friend's punk band Dirtbox Racers tore it up. I blame my coworker and jamming pal cause we were splitting rounds. I didn't need that last half liter, but how can you say no to beer when the other guy is buying?

I sure was hurting this morning.

Same here!

At work, I was always the biggest advocate of leaving it UP.

Told the ex-wife - if you don't want it pissed on, leave the damned thing up at all times!

But no....

+:-@

She would invite people over (or we'd go over) and everybody drinks a little.

Women keep leaving the seat down, sooner or later one of the men pisses all over it.

Ever go to a woman's house where they put the fuzzy toilet coozy on the lid, so the seat won't stay up?

Do you pee stooped over to hold it, sit to pee to save the trouble, or just piss in the yard when nobody's looking?

[lol]

That list has been around for a few years. It is kind of funny.

Something I've noticed from Lite beer ads is that American men who drink it are very stupid. At least they get real stupid and do real stupid things to get their Lite beer. Mostly they ignore their women in favor of some icky beer.

To this day, I do not understand the idea of "diet" beer.

Drink one, two, three, lose count, drink a lot more, eat the greasiest junk food...

Smoke (even non-smokers) and do a million stupid things that a BAC of .10 will make reasonble to attempt.

But, yeah, you're on a responsible diet while pissing away all your money.

I drink what I want.

To this day, I do not understand the idea of "diet" beer.

I agree 100%. Want a lighter tasting beer? Fine. Want a low calorie beer? WTF? [confused] Drink some water.

Funniest are the low carb beers with skinny runner types in their ******bag outfits.

Ever go to a woman's house where they put the fuzzy toilet coozy on the lid, so the seat won't stay up?

Do you pee stooped over to hold it, sit to pee to save the trouble, or just piss in the yard when nobody's looking?

I so miss living in the boonies and pissing in my back yard whenever nature called. (and with the amount I drank back then, it called a lot)

Funniest are the low carb beers with skinny runner types in their ******bag outfits.

Let me 'splain it

I am diabetic. I am permitted 270 total carbs in any given day.

I also like beer, so having a Mich Ultra when I'm at a bar allows me to stay within my carb limits AND drink beer.

Or something a little reminiscent of beer.

When I'm headed over to my Knight's house, where REAL beer is brewed, I can only have small tastes and samples.

THAT is why there is low carb beer. Because there is a market for it....

I am not a skinny runner-type ******bag, just diabetic...

[biggrin]

It's all about attitude, Surf. I'm kicking Diabetes arse. My A1C (90 day blood sugar average, basically) now runs around 6.2... I've had it down as low as 5.9. I'm told a normal person's will be 6.5

But you're right.... meat and most fresh veggies are all you can eat, as long as they aren't prepared in sugar, enriched white flour and/or white rice :).

THAT is why there is low carb beer. Because there is a market for it....

I am not a skinny runner-type ******bag, just diabetic...

[biggrin]

Right. Big difference between you and their target audience I see in the commercials.

Oh no man... I'm just splaining why Low Carb beer is not a bad thing.

I'm with you on "diet beer".

If you're on any kind of diet but a low carb one, beer is not your drink.

And if you're morbidly obese, neither light beer nor low carb beer is gonna fix that.

[thumbup]

... I didn't need that last half liter, but how can you say no to beer when the other guy is buying? ..

Sounds to me like your band mate might have been trying to get you loosened up. With all them phytoestrogens... How does hat song go?

"All the girls and co-workers get purtier at closin' time."

[blush]

Archived