Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your list for Santa?

daveinspain

It just so happens that I'm getting my first acoustic in seven years for Christmas. I can't wait! This is the one I'm getting:

0968024021_xl.jpg

It's called the Fender Sonoran. Acoustic body with a Strat neck. msp_thumbup.gif

Hmm...so your judging the Firebird X but yet your getting a acoustic guitar with a electric guitar neck...oh the irony!

Also it has Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Low Battery Indicator Light, isnt that to much for an acoustic guitar?!

Since your old school you know.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!

Full review once you've had a chance to really put it through it's paces, please!

Of course! Pics will be included along with possible audio demo! msp_thumbup.gif

Hmm...so your judging the Firebird X but yet your getting a acoustic guitar with a electric guitar neck...oh the irony!

Also it has Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Low Battery Indicator Light, isnt that to much for an acoustic guitar?!

Since your old school you know.

Well if you look up this guitar you'll see that this is a reissue of the original which was made in the 60's. So yes it's actually quite old school.

Of course! Pics will be included along with possible audio demo! msp_thumbup.gif

Well if you look up this guitar you'll see that this is a reissue of the original which was made in the 60's. So yes it's actually quite old school.

Well if you look up the Firebird it was made in 1963 as you can see...

Well if you look up the Firebird it was made in 1963 as you can see...

Yes. The real Firebird was made in 1963. The Firebird X is not a real Firebird. It's not even the same body design. Lets use an example, shall we?

Here is a real Firebird:

9e30cfad-39f4-41c4-8dc5-9710e3705c1e.jpg

And here's the Firebird X:

ee3e1145-e6a5-49e8-abb4-4730fb7d5924.jpg

They don't look even remotely similar. dry.gif

Tman, you expert you, isn't it possible that the Firebird X is based on the non-reverse Firebird?

nonrevfirebird_m.jpg

Hmm?

As for my Christmas list...

-A copy of Ernest Hemingway: The Collected Stories

-The Woody Allen Collection Set #1

-A sweater

I knew someone would say that. Still, the body is off and the headstock on the Firebird X just looks stupid.

I just wanted to sound like a Miss America contestant B)

ZenKen, A Miss America contestant would publically wish for peace in the Country of Ohio, Civil Rights for all Alabamieans, and the right to vote for all Pomeranians.

Here's mine...

ES 175, 1968 Black Beauty, 1959 Les Paul 50th anniversay, Les Paul Standard Robot, 1952 Les Paul Tribute gold top, Jimmy Page #1, BB King Lucille, Doves in Flight acoustic.... I'll think of a few more later (to be edited)

So where do I send it?

Send them to my house, I can wait for after Christmas delivery, thanks Dave !!!!!!! [flapper] Oh, you mean where do you send your list ??? Buzzkill....[crying]

Courage for the guy in the Geico commercial (We won't go into which one)

Heart for NeoConMan... he needs a lot of lovin'

Brain for XDemonknight

Ruby Slippers for TommyK (me) "There's not place like home, there's no place like home."

Soul for DuaneV.

Orthodonture for Damian

Beat up Ovation for KsDaddy

and a Pony for milod.

First Measure...

Y'should come visitin'. I'm sure we could figure something out.

TommyK - Had one once. Three actually. Got buried for most of the winter in a draw under a snowdrift as was discovered the next spring. Needless to say that kinda ended my inclinations while having a town job which has been ever since. Plenty more around here, but I don't have the time or place at this point in life. Not the money, either. Probably won't later on, either.

So... Hey, I'd take the new FirebirdX. I'd tend to prefer a new 175 or 335 or Lucille or mebbe a Deluxe Reverb again. But a bigger PA likely would be more fun. A better than the $100 bass I have now would be nice with a small gig amp.

Hmmmmmm. Actually if I get a good din din - which I expect while not expecting the others - I'll be happy.

m

Archived