Gibson Brands Forums

Pre Black Friday Sale at GC - HNGD

mgrasso

After reading the other Black Friday Post (Thanks Brian for posting about the LP Special SC TV Yellow)

LP Special SC

I called out to the local GC's and they had the model on the floor.

The Asst. Manager said that the $299 price with the 15% coupon would bring it down to their cost.

The rep said that they would also accept the 15% off coupon early.

So I headed out, coupon in hand, and the MF printed page in hand.

When presented with the Musicians Friend print out, they had no problem matching the price and then adding the 15% off coupon.

Got it for $212 plus tax. Picked up a non Epiphone hard case for $80 (no explanation why no Epiphone brand cases. Made no sense)

So for those that have been wanting one but did not think of spending the $379, then $349 and now the $299 sale price, this is the perfect time to pull the trigger and pick it up for just over $200.

Will post photos after some turkey eating.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Mark

I called out to the local GC's and they had the model on the floor.

They should have had it on a stand...Hope no one stepped on it! (kidding)

Mark,

Congrats on the new guitfiddle....I love mine.

Looking forward to pics.

(no explanation why no Epiphone brand cases. Made no sense)

Doesn't matter...Epiphone doesn't make a case for a special anyway. If you did get an Epi case (I did) It would have to be for a regular L.P. which is a thicker guitar. You would have to add a backing pad to raise the body.

You probably got a better fit with what ever you bought.

Happy Turkey Day back at ya,

Willy

Thanks Willy, Brian and Jim.

Willy - I was very surprised that there are no dings, or marks on the entire guitar. msp_thumbup.gif

For being a floor model at GC, this is very clean.

Brian and Jim - if it was not for the two of you plus others on this forum, I would not have had the savvy to have orchestrated this.

I normally over stress what and when to buy.

New or used.

What is the best value for the buck.

For this guitar, I read what other owners here on the forum have said.

Went out and played it.

Put it on my wish list at GC.

Kept watching for the sale/markdown/clearance (If you noticed on MF, this is discontinued but they are expecting a new shipment in Dec.)

I also kept an eye on each GC to see if they had these available. (Each store in Pittsburgh had 1)

This is the first time I used the price matching guarantee.

I love when a good plan comes together.

The guitar is setup well.

Plays wonderful.

Sounds great through my Blues Junior.

Black fingers, but I plan on cleaning her today and taking good care of her.

I will post photos once done.

I play with a group of gents the first Friday of each month.

Wed night we had an impromptu session with 4 of us (2 guitars, 1 bass and 1 mandolin).

Brought the LP.

They were amazed with how nice it was. (But then again, they were amazed at my recent acquisition of an Epiphone AJ 18S-12 NA. They thought it played like a higher end 12 string. (Which I agree with, and was a great $140 find, used at the same GC)

I also like to share playing these beauties.

Which if it was a $3K Gibson, I might be hesitant on letting others play it.

This way, they can see why I value the brand.

One has recently purchased an SJ-200, which he would not have considered if had not played some of mine.

Again, thanks for all the advice, tips and alerts.

I love Epiphone guitars.

At age 12 I bought my first (Original Japanese run of the EA-250, while not the best, It started my love affair with the brand)

Have a great holiday weekend.

And Jim and Brian, I look forward to your Black Friday stories/buys.

M

When I went to our local GC about three weeks ago, they had one in Cherry, hanging high up on the wall. I thought about asking them to take it down, but I got sidetracked.

I was looking at it and thinking, "What the hell is that?", as I'd never seen one. The pickguard with the two soapbars threw me off.

Nice score! Tell us how you like it! (I mean sound, playability, etc. It's obviously gorgeous!)

Archived