Gibson Brands Forums

Harmonica questions

Silenced Fred

Sounds to me like you might want to invest some time in learning some basic music theory as well as practicing the harmonica, Fred.

Just a thought after reading through the most useful and relevant posts in this thread.

Bought a Hohner big river harp and holder at guitar center today. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Also, if you're gonna have harmonica amplifed while playing shows, make sure your sound is good.

I don't know any particulars, best mic, which amp, any major mistakes, but I tell you it can be like an ice pick in the ear.

This bad boy will give you dirty, greasy Chicago style blues sound. Makes a fun vocal mic too. Just run it through any tube amp and crank it.

632866117955253306.jpg

Anybody here divorced with split-up kids?

Wanna give the ex something to complain about?

Buy the kids (the younger the better) a new harmonica.

Then send them home to her f@!<ing mother with it...

[woot][thumbup]

It doesn't need batteries - it will work ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, even in the car...

A thousand years ago or thereabouts I did a batch of harp playing. Hohner Marine Band was the more popular type at the time.

Someplace I might still have a pix in the college newspaper of me doing "San Francisco Bay Blues" with the neck holder, harp and kazoo and pickin' away at the guitar. Okay, maybe it wasn't quite a thousand years ago, but I guarantee it was well before digital cameras. <grin>

It's all great fun.

m

Fred, off the subject a bit.....

But I got a chance to listen to your singing voice on your music page, and you have a unique and great sounding tone to your voice... [thumbup]

/blush/

By unique, you mean it sucks right :)

I just have fun, I don't have much of a voice but I make it work

Fred... when dealing with vocals, unique means marketable. You want your voice to be instantly recognizable when heard. Same as your guitar playing...

Yeah, I don't want to say I emulate certain people, but I look for certain aspects. Jack White and Dan Auerbach have very distinctive voices. Same goes for Neil Young. I try to have the clarity and smoothness in my voice, but then ramp it up for certain parts and it gets more in the White range.

This bad boy will give you dirty, greasy Chicago style blues sound. Makes a fun vocal mic too. Just run it through any tube amp and crank it.

632866117955253306.jpg

I've had my eye on one for quite some time now, just seems like a bundle of fun for everything. I want to get a DRRi and have the ability to run that and the guitar into it at the same time. Great amp, and can be had for some great prices used

Right now, I'm working on a song. Threw in some harmonica solos and my sister comes into my room and hands me a set of headphones. I put them on and she starts playing Hear of Gold by Young. My harmonica stuff sounds like a really bad version of Heart of Gold... dammit. I'll have to record it and put it up here for you guys.

Thanks for all the help [thumbup]

Archived