Gibson Brands Forums

The Gibson SG Zoot Suit

Live Forever

I had one, but recently traded it in for a Les Paul Junior Special. I loved the appearance of the zoot, and it sounded great. It was a bit heavy for my taste though, and it could also benefit from separate volume and tone controls for each pup. It was a very solid guitar, just not for me.

sg4.jpg

Hope this helps!

Don

yea...they were cool. when they came out and I first got it. I played it and it sounded REALLY

cool. I liked it and I still do like it but I was tight on my money,and I sold it. the guitar

didnt really fit my style of playing and I never would have used it on stage. nevertheless, the

guitar looks awesome and is a pretty solid guitar. and I might buy another one in the future.

new color perhaps? [confused] anyway, I like the guitar and I give it a thumbs up [thumbup]

DV019_Jpg_Regular_484926.901_black_red_body_closeup.jpg

I had one, but recently traded it in for a Les Paul Junior Special. I loved the appearance of the zoot, and it sounded great. It was a bit heavy for my taste though, and it could also benefit from separate volume and tone controls for each pup. It was a very solid guitar, just not for me.

sg4.jpg

Hope this helps!

Don

Was it neck heavy? I can't believe the body was that heavy. I would think the plywood type construction would

be very light.

it could have been my perception of the weight, but it was definitely heavier than any of my other guitars: I guess my chambered LP has spoiled me... :-) you have to hold one to believe it: it really does have a very solid feel to it.

I replaced it with a LP jr special which I admit does not feel any lighter, and in actuality is probably heavier. the zoot and I just never really connected.

don

Archived