Gibson Brands Forums

Post your pedal board

Kimbabig

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised to see that you have a Boss pedal in front of your Fuzz Factory. You don't have any problems with that? Can you still get it to oscillate and everything? I keep my Fuzz Factory first in line because buffered signals affect the way it works.

Fair question. I have not monkeyed around with the osculation features so I am not missing that. Ideally, the Fuzz Factory should be first followed by the OD808 and then some buffer pedal. With the length of my signal chain I do need at least one buffer pedal in there. I'll be looking for true bypass when I buy my new floor tuner at xmas.

Fair question. I have not monkeyed around with the osculation features so I am not missing that. Ideally, the Fuzz Factory should be first followed by the OD808 and then some buffer pedal. With the length of my signal chain I do need at least one buffer pedal in there. I'll be looking for true bypass when I buy my new floor tuner at xmas.

Get the polytune [thumbup] I'm hoping to get one of them there pedals.

I want a Fuzz Factory after getting a chance to mess around with one... more fuzz

Two delays? I like it. You ever run them simultaneously?

Yep. I have the Carbon Copy set for a faster repeat (kinda slap-backish). The DD3 is set slower. The cool thing is the Carbon Copy is set to repeat 1/2 as fast as the DD3. So together, they fit to make some cool repeats. It works well for making some layers of sound.

Ahhh. When I'm playing with my band I don't really mess around with oscillation or anything either. The FF doesn't mind a true bypass pedal in front of it. But a lot of companies say their pedals are true bypass and they technically aren't.

If you look at Nels Cline's board his FF is like 5th in line but it still oscillates and works properly because the pedals are true bypass.

What settings do you use on your FF most? I'll post a picture of mine with a setting that I've been diggin.

Brought home the pedal board I use with my band, since we weren't going to have a chance to practice this last week with everyone going out of town for Thanksgiving.

pedalboard.jpg

Off to the far left there you can see the corner of the first pedal I'm playing with for a smaller pedal board I'm going to put together for home/jamming. (The main board tends to live at the space due to laziness.) It's a Jet City "Shockwave" distortion pedal. Sounds pretty good so far, and lets me get some high gain at low volumes, which keeps the neighbors happy.

The only rule I have for myself in building this board is not to have the same pedals on both (tuning pedals aside). So in the next few weeks I'm going to get some new toys to play with. Woo!

If you look at Nels Cline's board his FF is like 5th in line but it still oscillates and works properly because the pedals are true bypass.

What settings do you use on your FF most? I'll post a picture of mine with a setting that I've been diggin.

Yeah, Nels and Stephen Malkmus were my two influences that steered me toward the Fuzz Factory.

The settings I use most are my take on the Velcro fuzz (which is why I bought the pedal). Settings are o'clock.

Vol - ~4

Gate - 7 (all the way off. i don't like gates)

Comp, Drive, and Stability - all roughly 3.

I got a 60's fuzz setting that I want to try out.

It's too late for me to play amplified right now so I'll try that tommorow.

Here's a setting I've been using with my band a lot.

It's based off a 60s fuzz setting I found online. I lowered the gain a little for more clarity. It also sounds sweet with the gate down. It's a good setting to play with or tweak.

photo-103.jpg

Oops I just realized I had the Stab all the way down in that picture. Sorry! I usually keep the Stab all the way up or down just a couple knotches for that extra sag.

I have the Gate set pretty much exactly so that I can lower the Stab without it going into oscillation.

I also like to play around with the guitar volume knob on this setting. Lower it and the FF cleans up really fast. You get a bright super trashy tone.

l_66d65ee533fc48c88ab256cc0a34c392.jpg

Here is my current lineup; from guitar to amp (right to left): Boss TU2, Fuzz Factory, OD808, pre-Dunlop Phase90, Carbon Copy, Sole-Mate spring reverb unit. Don't worry, those Roland daisy chain power cables are capped with rubber sleeves.

Very nice! How do you like the Sole-Mate? I've had my eye on those for a while, but haven't tried one out yet.

5217857214_50953e317f.jpg

It usually goes 69 fuzz (now mine, trade was complete) to Big Muff to Swollen Pickle to Distortion + to Classic Overdrive to Delay. I need to get a tuner, and the wah and my DS1 and SD1 are not pictured because I don't really use them that much, if at all

Gotta say, that's a 110% awesome setup. [thumbup]

Needs more fuzz, though. [flapper]

Gotta say, that's a 110% awesome setup. [thumbup]

Needs more fuzz, though. [flapper]

Well, the Channel 2 on my amp can get kinda fuzzy... I want another Swollen Pickle though, just set it up a little different. [biggrin]

I also want a POG or a blue box, something to create a lower octave. Maybe the Whammy pedal, but then I will just get crap for trying to be like Jack White <_<

It suits a lot of my needs

Here are the pedals that aren't currently on my board but I keep th em hangin around if I feel like using them. My amp footswitch is also on my board but not pictured.

photo-40.jpg

photo-104.jpg

My pedal board is pretty simple right now because it just has my favorite pedals that I use most on it. My amp has reverb and trem so that also covers a lot of ground.

Very nice! How do you like the Sole-Mate? I've had my eye on those for a while, but haven't tried one out yet.

Thanks. I love my Sole-Mate. Nothing against reverb copy pedals, but nothing beats the real ring & wash of spring reverb. Between the Output Level and Dwell controls you have a lot of different tones. My only issue with the pedal was the switch. Not sure what kind he uses, but even after swapping it out it still would malfunction. Had my pedal repair guy put a Carling switch on her and it's been spring reverb nirvana ever since. Also has an aux jack so you can run the tremolo on your amp with it.

Archived