Gibson Brands Forums

Lucky NGD!

surfaday

Man, sometimes things work out. I have been hoping for a Les Paul for some time and almost got an LP100 then 2 things happened at once. I sold my surfboard for $500 and I found a 1997 Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Honeyburst with beautiful flames, and hard case for $285!

The guitar has hardly been used, its in immaculate condition, not a mark on the body other than some tarnish on the frets, which I polished off with some 0000 steel wool. (The apparent mark in the photo is a reflection).

The owner was also the nicest guy. 80 years old and he owns several classical guitars and he is bidding on another classical Yamaha on ebay and was selling the Les Paul to help him with bidding. I brought my vintage Yamaha classical along and we even jammed for a little while.

Made a friend and got a great guitar at the same time.

A couple of weeks ago I told a guitar store they under-priced an LP100 at $199 instead of $299, then I didn't buy it. I guess sometimes things do work out.

Walter

post-26780-010194800 1291538721_thumb.jpg

Man, sometimes things work out. I have been hoping for a Les Paul for some time and almost got an LP100

then 2 things happened at once.

I sold my surfboard for $500 and I found a 1997 Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Honeyburst with beautiful flames,

and hard case for $285!

I believe your honesty regarding the LP-100 has been rewarded. NICE Plus Top! [thumbup]

I believe you'll be MUCH happier with THIS guitar!!!!!!

I have a 25-Year-Old Handmade Wooden Surfboard I bought while stationed in HAWAII.

Never been ridden or even placed in water. Hmmmmmmmmm....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

100_0664.jpg

100_0661.jpg

Thanks! It sounds just great clean! I did some set-up, flattened the neck a bit, adjusted the action, lowered the pickups just a bit. Its sweet! What a great sound.

Missing a humbucker ring mounting screw. Amazingly, hardware stores like Home Depot don't have the #2 size screws. Any ideas on how to get them without paying $1 a piece, (including shipping), online for 8?

Missing a humbucker ring mounting screw. Amazingly, hardware stores like Home Depot don't have the #2 size screws. Any ideas on how to get them without paying $1 a piece, (including shipping), online for 8?

How about a hobby shop or model railroad shop? They usually have supplies of small screws that aren't useful in home building and repair. They also tend to think of it as something less important, thus less expensive than the same thing bought in a guitar store. Just take them a sample of what you need.

How about a hobby shop or model railroad shop? They usually have supplies of small screws that aren't useful in home building and repair. They also tend to think of it as something less important, thus less expensive than the same thing bought in a guitar store. Just take them a sample of what you need.

If that doesn't work, order the right thing on line.

It doesn't pay to use the wrong screws on PUP rings, and can ruin the guitar...

Archived