Gibson Brands Forums

"Crank-it-up" Songs

freak show

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spirit; When I Touch You. Spirit was such a really great band that was so ahead of their time. Randy California (guitar), was one of those very young guitarists. So good and respected, Hendrix wanted to take Randy on tour with him. Randy's parents wouldn't let him, he was in their eyes to young for that. Back in this time there was Cream, Hendrix, Mountain, Blue Cheer, and Spirit. CRANK IT UP! RIP Randy California.

Blue Cheer version wasn't bad at all - but I guess I'm showing my age in preferring the old Eddie Cochran version. Given that Eddie was only 21 when he died, I'd say he had a pretty healthy influence on a lotta rock in a pretty short time.

m

Blue Cheer version wasn't bad at all - but I guess I'm showing my age in preferring the old Eddie Cochran version. Given that Eddie was only 21 when he died, I'd say he had a pretty healthy influence on a lotta rock in a pretty short time.

m

We all show our age, on the younger or the older side. That's the beauty of music. It is timeless. And you sir are so right about Eddie Cochran. He had a great influence on rock in a very short time. That unfortunately seems to be the way of rock in a lot ways.

I sat 15 ft away from Winwood's Leslie for 3 hours one night. My ears still ring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlbgqmxXNY&playnext=1&list=PL40A984F71DBE46A3&index=2

I know what you mean about the Leslie. I was standing 4 feet directly in front of a PA sound column at a Mountain concert in 1971. It was great, I didn't listen to anything for a day and a half. The whole time all I heard and had in my head was Never In My Life and the rest of the Mountain concert.

1)soothsayer by Buckethead

2)tuesday's gone by lynyrd skynyrd

3)repeating yesterday by as I lay dying

4)the sound of truth by as I lay dying

5)yellow ledbetter by pearl jam

6)that smell by lynyrd skynyrd

7)jordan by buckethead

8)six by all that remains

Archived