Gibson Brands Forums

GFS pick ups

Trewblue

GFS Pickups have MY vote!!!!!! Love the price AND the Quality.

I slapped a set of GFS Alnico Fat Pat Boutique Humbuckers in my

RAVEN WEST LP Copy to replace the Yeccccchy "G & B" brand mediocre

Doo-Doo sounding pups.

IMMEDIATE Tonal Difference! [thumbup] Best way to describe "New" sound

is that Git now sounds like Neal Schon's Git on any Journey recording you pick.

HIGHLY recommended. The GFS pups are 4-wire, and come with a wiring diagram that is

virtually worthless (not enough detail - leaves room for error/misunderstanding), so use

the Seymour Duncan diagrams, color code is the same. I still have my GFS diagrams, and

I still think they're worthless.

Many GOOD pups to choose from, good bang for the buck.

RAVEN WEST LP:

100_0188-2.jpg

Thanks for the input. Gonna pick up a set a Texas wound with rw/rp for my 10 year old mim Strat. Also have a Squire Standard w/ SD SSL5's in the neck and middle w/HB at the bridge. looking for something kinda like the Pearly gates to replace it. Any suggestions for a GFS HB?

tnx

Dan

To be honest I don't think the VInatge 59's are any real better than the stock Epi pups and certainly nowhere near Gibson 57 Classics or SD's. The Mean 90's, however, are a different kettle of fish - pretty good at any price and unbelievable at the price GFS charges for them.

I forgot to mention, one of the other pups I've tried is the GFS P90 that is humbucker sized. It's one thing for me to like it, but I have a friend in Kentucky who has a really critical ear for things like the pickups in his guitars and he put one into an old Les Paul that only has the bridge pickup. (Can't remember what model that is), and his comments about the tone were very favorable.

To be honest I don't think the VInatge 59's are any real better than the stock Epi pups and certainly nowhere near Gibson 57 Classics or SD's. The Mean 90's, however, are a different kettle of fish - pretty good at any price and unbelievable at the price GFS charges for them.

The vintage 59's in that old epi made a world of difference. Don't know what pups were in in at the time, but the 59's sounded great. The new owner of that particular epi sure likes em'. The 59's are what they are, still, like most GFS pups, great for the price [biggrin]

I saw your screen name and the words GFS pickups and misread it, thinking it was an ad that GFS pickups had been marked down.

I have a Squier Double Humbucker Hardtail Strat coming that I'm going to use the woodwork from and rebuild into a regular 3 single coil Strat. So, I'm in the market for pickups and have been following the GFS site to decide what I might want.

Hmmm... Markerdown...

I saw your screen name and the words GFS pickups and misread it in my email in box, thinking it was an ad that GFS pickups had been marked down.

I have a Squier Double Humbucker Hardtail Strat coming that I'm going to use the woodwork from and rebuild into a regular 3 single coil Strat. So, I'm in the market for pickups and have been following the GFS site to decide what I might want.

Archived