Gibson Brands Forums

So it's all wrapped and under the tree!

ChanMan

We did a thread about what's on your list.... but what are you getting for someone else this year that will make their Christmas special?

I'm hoping that she'll like these

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10828235&kpc=1

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayEnlargeView?langId=-1&storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&imgDir=3727&partNumber=372710107&imageAttributes=true&main=true

So... what's gonna light 'em up this year??

Not stimulating the economy as much as in previous years. But I got the wife a new iPod Nano

(which is what she wanted).

Also went halfsies with the ex on a 1969 Buffett clarinet for my daughter. She's given it a

test run already and apparently the tone is to die for (in a clarinet kinda way). I guess

age benefits clarinet woods as well as guitar woods?

My Mom really loves the show "Frasier". So I got her a "premier episode" Frasier DVD along with all of season two witch is like 8 hours of episodes..Also to go along with that I found a autographed picture of the entire cast of Frasier...I tried to go all out for her this year or at least more so then I have before.

So cool!

I wish our kids had something really neat on their lists... but it's mostly video games, DVDs and music for the boys, and clothes for my daughter.[glare]

I did pick up something for the wife from the Trading post here. I found out she was taught to play the harmonica when she was little, so I bought her a Pre WWII Hohner Marine Band harmonica. It's in awesome condition for it's age and came with the original box.

It now resides in the bottom of her stocking, which has been hung by where a chimney might be, had we a fireplace, wiith great care :)

I got the wife an iPod Touch....the Beauty and the Beast Blu Ray she asked for...a Trololo T-Shirt and Apple TV....

C'mon...she bought me a Flying V...all that doesn't even add up!

You need to think Diamonds... or convertibles.... or... or... puppies!

What... no coal scuttle?

Shame on you!

[laugh]

What's a coal scuttle?

We live in Corpus Christi. It might get cold down here for a week or two out of the entire year. I'm still peeved that we bought a house with a fireplace, because it just uselessly takes up wall-space where my big 'ol TV should be.

Maybe I'll get her a hammer and chisel and put her to work taking out the fireplace.

Our Gigi is best dog ever. She's smart as hell too. Only dog I've ever had who named herself. Just wouldn't respond to any of the names we came up with for her. So, I spent a couple of days just trying random names and when I said "Here Gigi!" her head popped up and she came to me.

[woot]

You named a Mastiff gigi?

Just kidding - funny how they name themselves my terrier is Webster because the night we brought him home I left him in the library and he spent the whole night tearing a large "Websters" desktop dictionary into 1/4 inch squares. I had used the giant dictionary to prop the french doors open so we could hear if he cried which he never did he was too busy shredding the book to ever get scared or lonely. Learned an important lesson don't leave the door on a baby Jack Russell's crate open because your wife thinks it is mean, crates are good for puppies and even better for your household goods.

And as for the present I bought the wife a leather purse a - A 3k purse which she really wanted or at least the half dozen catalogs open to the picture of the purse circled in Sharpie lead me to believe she might be hinting that she wanted it. Especially the last one that had a salesmans card stapled to the page, just in case I couldn't figure it out or had a head injury I guess. :unsure:

Our Gigi is best dog ever. She's smart as hell too. Only dog I've ever had who named herself. Just wouldn't respond to any of the names we came up with for her. So, I spent a couple of days just trying random names and when I said "Here Gigi!" her head popped up and she came to me.

[woot]

Probably just coincided with the point in time where she said to herself, "Maybe if I go to him, he'll shut up".

Archived