Gibson Brands Forums

Any of you guys ever play paintball?

neilpanda

Naaaah...

Played a little of this - and yes, it's live ammunition with roughly the power of stuff used in the old days for real...

SASS rides again... That's Single Action Shooting Society. Two sidearms, a pistol cartridge carbine and a pre 1900 shotgun, usually a double or a M97.

m

Naaaah...

Played a little of this - and yes, it's live ammunition with roughly the power of stuff used in the old days for real...

SASS rides again... That's Single Action Shooting Society. Two sidearms, a pistol cartridge carbine and a pre 1900 shotgun, usually a double or a M97.

m

by God M, I KNEW I liked you!

I have a non-Damascus "Rabbit Ear" coach gun that Dixie Gun Works dated to 1882, one of the 1st ever "nitro" guns, it's N.R.Davis & Sons ser. #8 everything works & I shoot "short brass" shot thru it often.

I also HAD a mod. '97 Takedown, for about 3 years.....My Wifes Grandfather bought it brand new in 1923 for a whole $22...and willed it to me........it has the expected fine patina and was in perfect working condition (shot my last buck w'it) BUT, my Father in Law pitched such a whining, sulking, cold shouldering FIT over it (nevermind that he got everything else) that my Wife finally got me to cave in and give it to him [thumbdn] just to shut him up.

Sorry about the hyjack.......i've never shot paintball, but a group of friends and I used to partake in the origional version, the "Blackpowder Manhunt" in which one or 2 men armed with black-powder revolvers shooting only well packed paper wads are released into a large patch of woods and given a 10 minute head start, after which the "posse" is released (up to 10 men, splitting up into no more than 2 to a group), with black powder guns of every different variety, also only shooting paper wads, and the game is on, until the "bounty" is caught, shot, or shoots every member of the posse.

We gave out prizes and basically had a blast (pun intended), until 1 idiot (no, not me) shot a guy in the face point-blank and not only burned him, but left him permanently "tattooed" with powder under his skin.

It's all fun until somebody gets shot in the face........ [crying]

Bender...

What I thought was kinda funny is that nearly everybody else hadda purchase all sorts of equipment. All I lacked for the game was a hand cart to haul all the stuff around. <grin> Basically even what I wore to work, then and now was "in the spirit" of the game. Although on occasion I wore an 1880s infantry officer uniform.

m

Yeah it's a blast. Although I never got along with the guys who spend thosands on their rigs with hoppers with computer programs and electronic triggers and military throat microphones to communicate, it takes all the fun out of it when you play people that are way too hard core for their own good.

Side-note, we went as a big group for a Jack and Jill Batchelor party and had to play some overly horomonal kids and my little sister hit one of them with a paint grenade, good times.

You paintballers as a culture should pick up on one bit from the Single Action Shooting Society: The spirit of the game. That means winning isn't as important as having great fun with folks who share a love of the sport and the history behind it.

I kinda feel the same way about some music arguments, btw.

m

I used to play quite a bit, but assholes ruin the game. I just go with friends and have fun, like Artillery said, people spend thousands on their guns and equipment and flip out on people. There was a guy who was freezing his paintballs so it would break skin and that hurts traveling at like 350 (yeah, after they found out he was freezing them, they clocked his gun and he was shooting over 350 too)

Kinda ruined it for me, but I want to get some people together to just do it for fun

I used to play quite a bit, but assholes ruin the game. I just go with friends and have fun, like Artillery said, people spend thousands on their guns and equipment and flip out on people. There was a guy who was freezing his paintballs so it would break skin and that hurts traveling at like 350 (yeah, after they found out he was freezing them, they clocked his gun and he was shooting over 350 too)

Kinda ruined it for me, but I want to get some people together to just do it for fun

Wow... had no idea people were like that. I only play with a bunch of friends just out in somebody's woods. Nobody wants to hurt their friends, and everyone is pleased if someone pulls off an especially clever shot or dodge.

Yeah. A holes are everywhere and need your attention.

I remember going to an indoor once, and there was a guy showing off his Angel Marker (Angel is a brand of paintball gun) and he was showing off how awesome his trigger set up was and how fast he would be able to shoot.

I say would in italics because he spent so much money on it he couldn't afford the paint to play.

Rad.

umm? freezing paint make it brittle doesnt it? and why were you guys shooting at 350? THAT AINT SAFE!

Yeah. A holes are everywhere and need your attention.

I remember going to an indoor once, and there was a guy showing off his Angel Marker (Angel is a brand of paintball gun) and he was showing off how awesome his trigger set up was and how fast he would be able to shoot.

I say would in italics because he spent so much money on it he couldn't afford the paint to play.

Rad.

we like to call them the noobs cause they do that kind of stuff. I have a $400 marker (which is SO underpriced for its quality), when I play recball (recreational play with all skills)

I shoot like I only have 50 shots on me. and if I get shot out early, I'll go and see if theres a kid who wants to shoot something thats not a lame rental [flapper] so basically

Im lending out a mackine gun w/ free reload [flapper]

Ive learned a lot from paintball, its actually made me a nicer person [flapper]

We weren't, but I forget what it was, but he was shooting over 350, I just didn't want to make a number. I should clarify that

Im pretty sure thats illegal! [-X bad for him. well, did he shoot you? I'll bring my army and we can all kill him! [cursing]

Yeah I got hit on the left forearm. it was a while ago, and yeah he got banned from the place. I wanted to beat the **** out of him

well, at least you cant get hit by something at a performance right? unless a guy throws his beer on stage cause he's too drunk to care [flapper]

where was this? IMA SERIOUSLY FIND HIM

We used to play outdoor all the time up until maybe 5 years ago. We had a great ravine set up in a friend's (10 acre) backyard with 10/12 regular guys all with Tippman 98 Customs and Carbines. One guy ruined it all - he started buying balls at a discounted rate but sold them to the group at full price. It created a rift and split us up. Don't make money off your friends people.

Archived