Gibson Brands Forums

I think I'm more screwed up than before lol

swleary

It really, really depends on who it is. My wife, current band-mate and two other past band mates I'd fork over to without hesitating. They all know and respect instruments. Everyone else - even close friends, even those who I've let use stuff (always in front of me), makes my stomach twist. I just try not to be in a position for it to happen. My stuff is never out on stands. If it's out, it's in *my* hands.

I too, am in the "Depends on who it is," camp. Some folks,

I know well, and trust, mainly. But, if some one I meet is

respectful, and obviously careful, and "asks before even

moving in that direction," it's ok. The "Entitlement" minded

folks, can kiss my rosy....well, you get the idea. ;>)

CB

Man I'm the same way and even worst! Whenever someone touches one of my picks I throw it away (or put it on a pick bin I have where everyone can just take one and take it home, as I never ever use it again). Same goes for my guitars, I don't like anyone touching them, whenever someone does, I wait 'til they have left and change the strings, even if they were new.

Wait... maybe I'm more screwed up than you are! [cursing]

In all honesty, It depends heavily on the person but even more so on the guitar. I really don't like people playing with certain guitars. Like IF I trust the person, they get to play a few notes before I say "give it back." My 1989 Fender Strat Plus, my 1990s ESP Semi Acoustic Eclipse, my Gibson Explorer and my LTD Truckster are my main babies. My 2001 Fender Am Std Strat almost makes that list but I'll give people a little extra time with that one. But seriously, I get really tense and uncomforatable when people play those other 4. My friends know that and actually respect that. Cuz they know I would bust someone's testicle if something happened.

Man I'm the same way and even worst! Whenever someone touches one of my picks I throw it away (or put it on a pick bin I have where everyone can just take one and take it home, as I never ever use it again). Same goes for my guitars, I don't like anyone touching them, whenever someone does, I wait 'til they have left and change the strings, even if they were new.

Wait... maybe I'm more screwed up than you are! [cursing]

I feel the same about people looking in my mirrors, their ugliness might rub off. I break them afterwards, I think I'm at 49 years of bad luck now

Archived