Gibson Brands Forums

Thank You Gibson

PP_CS336

I would like to thank Gibson Customer Service Representatives Benton and Roger (no last names were given) for their recent assistance with the problem

I was experiencing with my CS-336's ABR-1 bridge. First to Benton for listening to the problem I was experiencing and understanding. With that he had

Gibson send me a brand new ABR-1 replacement bridge at no charge. It arrived on 12/09/10. Second to Benton for answering my question about the un-notched

saddles and telling me that my guitar tech should be able file new notches in accords with the gauge strings I used when doing the replacement, along with

a new setup and intonation. On 12/10/10 I stopped by Alto Music in Wappinger Falls, NY and explained the situation to them. On 12/22/10 I picked up my guitar

with the newly replaced ABR-1 bridge. Now my guitar plays and sounds the way it should. If it means anything, when I looked at the original ABR-1 bridge

the notch on the bridge saddle for the first (high E) string was off center. Maybe that's what was causing the problem all along. Not sure, but it could have

been contributing to it. Anyhow, I'm much happier now. [smile] Thanks again Gibson for not letting my satisfaction go sour. I work for a major corporation and I know

how critical customer satisfaction is. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...Paul Pasquale.

Guys, thanks for your feedback. A belated Merry Christmas to you all. Hopefully we'll all have some good playing in the coming New Year. And yes, I

really appreciated that one of the big "giants" actually did listen and help me out with my situation. I'm sure they get their share of bad press and

like hearing from a satisfied customer.

Archived