Gibson Brands Forums

Went to the Chicago Music Exchange today.

Kimbabig

It was a blast guys, I played this huge black bass that said "The Gibson" It was selling for $10,000. Played a bunch of gibsons, Martins, PRS, Fender, Guild, Etc. Did some serious wanking through a Vox Ac30 and an Es137. I bought a T-shirt. Exellent customers service, they told me I could play anything (big mistake [lol]) but I'm happy to say I did not break anything. Didn't take many pictures but the ones I did I will post later. Oh and I went with this really cool luthier who showed me some of the guitars he made.

It was a blast guys, I played this huge black bass that said "The Gibson" It was selling for $10,000. Played a bunch of gibsons, Martins, PRS, Fender, Guild, Etc. Did some serious wanking through a Vox Ac30 and an Es137. I bought a T-shirt. Exellent customers service, they told me I could play anything (big mistake [lol]) but I'm happy to say I did not break anything. Didn't take many pictures but the ones I did I will post later. Oh and I went with this really cool luthier who showed me some of the guitars he made.

I love that place. Great stuff, and the guys that work there are amazing. I might stop by again on Thursday right before the Black Keys concert [thumbup]

Omg have you been in the acoustic room and went into one of the rooms in that room and saw that big black bass? I swear the cavemen played it. You could probably float down a river in that thing.

Yeah, I am never disappointed whenever I go there, always something new. Lately, I've been playing around on Jazzmasters

You don't need to copy the whole post when you're the first one replying. We pretty much know what you're replying to.

I love that place. Great stuff, and the guys that work there are amazing. I might stop by again on Thursday right before the Black Keys concert [thumbup]

Omg have you been in the acoustic room and went into one of the rooms in that room and saw that big black bass? I swear the cavemen played it. You could probably float down a river in that thing.

I've only had the pleasure once. Would love to get back for another visit.

Waitin' on the pics. B)

Yeah, I am never disappointed whenever I go there, always something new. Lately, I've been playing around on Jazzmasters

One of the really good things about having a place in Chicago.

Sorry guys, no big pictures of all the beauty, mainly oddities that caught my eye.

P1050020.jpg

P1050019.jpg

P1050016.jpg

Yeah man quit copying the quotes What the hell's wrong with you??!! msp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_w00t.gif

The prices on their used stuff makes my stomach turn, but the cats that work there are solid and for new stuff they are at or better than any big box retailer. Got my Polytune for $85 plus tax.

Yeah afterwards we went to different guitar store and the used stuff was almost half the price, but you know what they say, you're paying for the atmosphere. [lol]

Archived