Gibson Brands Forums

The Best Or Dumbest Way You Spent New Years Eve

MrNylon

What was the best or the dumbest way you ever spent New Years Eve? I know some of you may have done some shall we say goofy things? New Years Eve 1970, myself and two other friends went to the intersection of Federal Highway and Commercial Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and waited to see some accidents. A lot of glass and debris all over. Did see some guys drive over the medians. We missed it. HAPPY NEW YEAR Gibson folks! [biggrin]

Musta been ringing in 2003. Drank waaaaaaay too much at a couple bars (12 or so beers and countless shots of champagne that the bar was giving out). My then fiancee/current wife/soon to be ex-wife and her friend dropped me off in the driveway of her parents' house. I crawled up the side porch and passed out on the floor in the living room. Her dad discovered me shortly after and made sure I was laying on my stomach. He's cool.

The best way to spend new year's eve is the same way I've spent it since I was in high school (except one), gigging.

The dumbest way was the one year that I didn't spend gigging (It was a failed attempt to get out of music and become a regular citizen)- at the stroke of midnight I didn't have my sax in my hand and felt like a fish out of water.

This year I'll be playing at a black tie event held at an upscale country club. The hours are good, the pay is even better, the members at this club are dancers, and the love of my life will be on stage singing and playing with me. I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

I'm spending the day writing up labs for school and watching the Criminal Minds marathon....

Not doing anything tonight, for one my dog (the youngest) freaks out with fireworks, so I'm staying with her.

Whenever fireworks go off, a dog thats about 1/2 -3/4 ft tall manages to reach on top of a 4 ft washing machine by herself......

Myself, wife, daughter, and two dogs are hanging at home too. The younger of our two dogs freaks out with neighborhood fireworks too.

Yea, the older ones are cool with it, but she's already a little quirky and loves to chew.....especially one of the older dogs ears.....quirky and freaked end up with bad news....lol

You'll do ok kiddo, just use what a lot of folks have forgotten. Use some common sense, that's all. And you can still raise some hell and do like Jim Morrison said. "I'm talkin' about having a good time."

Archived