Gibson Brands Forums

Had to put a 4 Legged friend down

tazzboy

No it's not Cujo my dog. He does doing fine after what he went through back in October

But the sadly my cat Knicknac had to put down. She was a Calico Van she was 12 years old (would have been 13 in April) She had HCM (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) she was doing good with it last 4 years and had gone to Corvallis at Oregon State Univ Small Animal Hospital every 6 months and she was fine, but that's not what happen.

What happen was she had develop Cancer in lower part of Jaw area. About couple of days after last Christmas I was upstairs and I saw her setting in living room with drool coming out of her mouth and I thought I was little unusual I though I thought maybe her HCM had gotten worse.

Well finally after couple of days my folks and I decided to take her to the vet well they did some x-rays and and couldn't tell what was going and want to run a bunch of test well I finally said I think I would like to take her to Oregon State to have them do some further test to get the correct answer and if they need to do some test and have to put her under cause of HCM cause if anything goes wrong they would know what to do.

So we do that this last Monday and by Wednesday the result came back that she had Cancer and that it had spread and there was no hope, so the decision was made that we would put her down this coming Monday well thing change she wasn't eating nor drinking so we know that if we waited any longer that she would be in pain by Monday so went ahead and did it today

She is now on the Rainbow Bridge. Here are some pic of here

IMG_0014.jpg

Knicknac.jpg

Bummer my friend. Me and the wife had to put our dachshund down this past summer.

She was 14 and a beautiful and faithful dog but she could barely see was losing control of her faculties.

You could tell it was painful for her to walk most days and it was hard to see her suffering.

My heart goes out to you.

Sorry to hear of your loss Tazz.

She looks so much like my old buddy Chester who went down a few years back.

Feel good in the fact that she had a great life with you and your family.

We only get to borrow our furry friends for a while.

Take care.

Dave

Archived