Gibson Brands Forums

HELP! Im being attacked!

neilpanda

Reminds me of an old story; Snow White and the Seven Inches.............Of course, for SOME Canadians, it's Snow White and the Seven Millimeters.....ya know how everything in America is bigger....

So its about time here in Vancouver. as usual the weather is being messed up and the snow has come late this year.

HELP!

too_much_snow_02.jpg

not yet me. actually its only supposed to be a few inches [flapper]

Vancouver BC or Vancouver, not BC, Washington, not DC? [biggrin] I just moved from there.

I live in Ontario. A few weeks ago I was up 45 minutes north of where I live. I saw a house with snow almost to the roof. Kinda glad we didn't get hit like that.

Always remember, a warm coat , gloves/mitts and warm boots. They make the cold seem not so bad.

These were taken 2 or 3 years ago at my place.

Notice part of a truck in the first photo. This one was taken before we really got hit with the white stuff. The second is later the same winter.

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

The truck is really there.

Dave

Always remember, a warm coat , gloves/mitts and warm boots. They make the cold seem not so bad.

You forgot your tuque. What kind of Canadian are you? [biggrin]

I love this snow. Spent a good half hour shoveling my front and back walk ways last night after getting dumped on. Is it weird that I like shoveling snow?

You forgot your tuque. What kind of Canadian are you? [biggrin]

I love this snow. Spent a good half hour shoveling my front and back walk ways last night after getting dumped on. Is it weird that I like shoveling snow?

Not so weird.

Shovelling reasonable amounts are fine. Good fresh air and a little physical activity.

In the above picture, I had at least half a dozen 12 foot high snowbanks from the plow. They extended at least 20 feet in depth. I still had to shovel the walkways around the house and the decks. The snow was higher that the railing of the decks so I had to lift everything over. Oh yeah, I broke 2 bones in my right hand from a fall that January. Moving all that snow was a chore with a cast on.

Dave

Reminds me of an old story; Snow White and the Seven Inches.............Of course, for SOME Canadians, it's Snow White and the Seven Millimeters.....ya know how everything in America is bigger....

I hear that everything in "Texas" is bigger.

Come on Damian, give us some credit. Can you up us from milimeters to centimeters? Still pathetic, but a little easier to swallow...so to speak.

Dave

Only about 4 inches here in Buffalo. I don't know why people think we are the snow capital of the world. We really don't get that much. Look at all the big cities that got more than us last year...

Syracuse 106.1 inches

Erie, Pa. 91.4 inches

Rochester 89.6 inches

Philadelphia 78.7 inches

Pittsburgh 77.4 inches

Baltimore 77.0 inches

Buffalo 74.1 inches

Washington, D.C. 73.2 inches

Grand Rapids, Mich. 72.2 inches

Des Moines, Iowa 69.0 inches

Archived