Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Addiction

blues335

I had just finished my breakfast, and picked up a guitar and started some nice easy Sunday morning finger exercises.

Then took a break to check my mail, then popped in here to see if anything interesting took my fancy.

I looked up in the top right hand section and see at least two guys have posted more in one day than I have posted since I joined the forum.........

can you get addicted to these places.........

It is the volume of posts that fascinates me......

Some members post in flurries, like these members;m0301.gif and m0307.gif , evenm03088.gif posts quite a bit !!!!!! dem00n only posts quality posts, and not too oftenm03097.gif......When we REALLY are stumped,m03104.gif

jumps in and saves the day for us all, which is often, and requires MANY posts, so, your question confuses me......................

Kimbabig only posts quality posts when he has timem03095.gif..........so, you must be refering to me.........................Well, I don't really understand your question.......and I have a thread on MyLesPaul which needs attention,

I'm a moderator on another forum, I collaborate with singer / songwriters on another forum, so, I don't have time to ponder your question.........I will mention that I am disabled, and that music and guitars are my life,

and that this is a musician's forum, I own more than sixty guitars which I need help to learn about, so, I still don't understand your question.................m0312.gif...Well, I gotta suspend a member on a different forum, gotta go !!!!!!!!!

I used to post a lot... Then I took a break for a while... After coming back find I still like to check in and see what's up but I only post if I can, answer someone's question, ask a question or if I need help or advise about something... If I come up with a good idea for a thread I'll post it too... This way I can still get my practice in, have a life and function on a fairly normal basis.... It took a while but I feel good now...

Yes, as Dave says, members have time to post, and then get busy.......Neo posts a lot and then leaves for a while.....Same with ChanMan......and others.....And remember, some threads are actual conversations, which is like talking back and forth...Some are rare flame wars, like a recent unmentioned thread...I come and go as well....I have some Law Work that will take me away for a while, and some recording which will take me away as well....So, it's very subjective......I don't see any member living here because they have no life......AND, when you consider that there are MANY forums here, postings can get spread around, yet the count adds up in one spot.......When the O.P. mentions the TWO top posters, well, one currently is Steve, who's busy having "fun"

and there's me, and I don't like being a top poster because it draws attention to me, and I prefer to be an "unknown" quiet member IN GOOD STANDING......I don't really understand the O.P.s question......Sure, some people are addicted to the internet......Maybe some need help.......Sometimes I'll be very busy doing all kinds of music stuff, I'll keep a screen on, and I'll run through the forums quickly, post a bit, and go back to my daily stuff.......It may appear that someone is on-line all the time, but, that's not quite accurate....The studies I do wrack my brain a lot; posting on the forum doesn't tax me much...and I learn a lot here as well...............And remember, my health is NOT good at all, this forum helps my health a bit.............well, a lot.............

I haven't been able to leave two rooms in months.....it s*cks.........

Im on here way too much. I have exams tomorrow and havent revised much because I spend too much time on the internet on sites like this, facebook and youtube. Hope I dont fail!!! I should mention however that I do have a life outside of the internet though :)

Forum Addiction ... ...It is the volume of posts that fascinates me......

Guess you're out of the loop - texting, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, forums - etc -

Here a couple words for ya to research - social media

Of course I wouldn't want you to spend your time unproductively, you probably gotta read yer newpaper. B)

Guess you're out of the loop - texting, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, forums - etc -

Here a couple words for ya to research - social media

Of course I wouldn't want you to spend your time unproductively, you probably gotta read yer newpaper. B)

[lol]

That cracks me up!

And on the other hand, Blues335, you should consider the fact that this is the internet. A lot of people surfing are in prison. some have terrible illnesses and others are old and lonely. They come from all over the world looking for some companionship.

I guess coffee and and finger stretching isn't enough for them. Why don't you show us what you've been playing?

:-k

And on the other hand, Blues335, you should consider the fact that this is the internet. A lot of people surfing are in prison. some have terrible illnesses and others are old and lonely. They come from all over the world looking for some companionship.

I guess coffee and and finger stretching isn't enough for them. Why don't you show us what you've been playing?

:-k

uh oh, bestwest is about to get his wish [biggrin]

Oh my Lord........

Actually the song starts; Kumbya, my Lord, Kumbya, Kumbya, my Lord, Kumbya............Sounds great in all keys...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned this on the internet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper] :unsure: [thumbup]eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif[lol] .......

Look what I found for you on the net !!!!!!! Kumbaya Tab !!!!!!!!!!

--E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--B----------------------:unsure: ------------3----------------3----3---------------5----5------------3--------------------[drool] ------3-------------3-------3---------1-----------[woot] ----

--G------[flapper] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[lol] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--A--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kumbaya, my lord, Kumbaya !!!!! Kumbaya, my lord, Kumbaya, Oh Lord, Kumbaya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

Archived