Gibson Brands Forums

Have you had an impact on someone here?

Artie Owl

I don't think I've had much of an impact on anyone here. Matter of fact, from where I sit, it seems that 9 of 10 of my posts go totally unnoticed by anyone else. I'm sure I've posted something useful to someone at some point though.

I've gained a lot of knowledge from other members. Mostly about guitars but on many other subjects too here in The Lounge. That's why I keep coming here.

I don't think I've had much of an impact on anyone here. Matter of fact, from where I sit, it seems that 9 of 10 of my posts go totally unnoticed by anyone else. I'm sure I've posted something useful to someone at some point though.

I've gained a lot of knowledge from other members. Mostly about guitars but on many other subjects too here in The Lounge. That's why I keep coming here.

Your posts are all good.......One in particular.......As such, you do have a positive impact, so I added you as a friend...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .............

I have made small impacts via musical advice from my small amount of knowledge, and otherwise, and I have been thanked on-line, via PMs, and personal E-mails...

Many members have had impacts on me as well, and I in turn have thanked them (usually).....

Here's an interesting point; This is Gibson's sandbox, and most members are more knowledgable than I am...

Based upon my recommendations alone, I am aware of members and ' visitors ' buying 5 Epis, 4 Gibbys, 12 Gibson pickups, and other brand's stuff...

Most of you have helped facilitate sales as well....As such, I hope that Gibson is aware of the positive impact that we as members have had for them.........................

Your posts are all good.......One in particular.......As such, you do have a positive impact, so I added you as a friend...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .............

Nah.

Lotsa good stuff from you since I've been around here.

You tend to stay outta trouble somehow... [rolleyes]

Plus 1 for Saturn! [thumbup]

awl... I wasn't fishing for that but thanks [smile] Plus I figured out how to use the Multi Quote button \:D/

At first I found your question sort of silly, because it seemed impossible to me that things on the internet could have an impact on me in any way.

But now that I've thought about it, I must say that the generally positive attitudes and the jokes on the forum have most definitely had an impact on me. There are a lot of nice, helpful people here, and some of the posts are hilarious. I think that the friendly atmosphere on the forum has a "positive impact" on all of us.

On the other hand, I don't believe that I personally have ever had a "positive impact" on anyone here, but I hope I've never spoiled the "good vibes" either. I try to keep my posts positive and constructive, because to me that's what this place is all about.

I think I have been impacted in a positive manner by this forum in general and by some specific individuals as well.

As to whether I've had any impact on others, good, bad or otherwise, I really can't say.

I like to think I leave a positive impression everywhere.

Dave

Archived