Gibson Brands Forums

Illinois Roll Call!!

Rocky4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the note of overbearing storm coverage. Last night a guy drove right off a bridge about two miles away from me, I spend a half hour waiting for the news to show any coverage on it, and it was thin at that. The snow pack created a sort of ramp over the rail, the city is having issues finding places to dump the snow (overflow parking lots are getting full up). It appears he was speeding (I've heard up to 120 mph or 193 kph but I'm guessing closer to 90 mph or 144 kph), lost control hit a barrier and flew the other way off the bridge via the makeshift ramp. I spent all night listening to the Coast Guard helicopter scour the area, they found the car (and his body) at 11:30PM (approximately). A sad story, I believe it may have been almost suicidal. Basic coverage

We've dealt with snow like this before, even in my short lifetime, we'll survive, though my ol' man's back may not agree.

I'll respond for EVOL! lol since we met up this weekend. He lives just outside of the city I believe, or just inside, not sure.

What? I live in the city, fool. Ravenswood, Chicago, Illi-noise is present.

Gun to your head or knife to your throat forced? Inquiring minds want to know!

Might just as well be. Had to go where the work was a few decades ago. Never could negotiate a move back south. So it is here where I'm stuck.

Archived