Gibson Brands Forums

The blizzard of 2011

jannusguy2

Yesterday we had ice fog all day which gave everything a nice glaze. Then the snow and wind started. This afternoon there were already drifts out there of several feet and the wind chill is around 8 below. Good news is the snow will taper off after midnight. Bad news is we will wake up to wind chills of 20 to 30 below.

Projected low the next two nights: 10 to 12 above. That is just south

of Dallas! How do you guys up north tolerate this all winter long?

"We endeavor to persevere" (Chief Dan George loosely quoted from The Outlaw Josey Wales)

Here in WY -22 degrees F without wind chill last night. Tonight -17 degrees F without wind chill

When I woke up this a.m.I looked out the window and saw

2 Jack Rabbits pushing a Cottontail trying to get him started. [biggrin]

(High Plains Humor)

Endeavor to Persevere Spring will arrive soon.

Just got a call from my boss - - - - my place of business has decided to shut down for tomorrow. . . . . Yeah baby !

My wife's a school teacher, and that's been called off too.

We've got a blizzard warning in effect until Wednesday 7:00pm.

It's really bad here.

This weekend the mercury dipped to -30 celsius plus a windchill on top of that! It's been nasty. On the upside, I got some decent guitar practice in! Look at my poor little truck. Four wheel drive baby!! [thumbup]blizzard.gif

Brrrrrrr.jpg

So Karen; did you get rid of the RX-7s, and get the 4x4 to replace them both? Or are they just in storage somewhere?

Fred

"We endeavor to persevere" (Chief Dan George loosely quoted from The Outlaw Josey Wales)

Here in WY -22 degrees F without wind chill last night. Tonight -17 degrees F without wind chill

When I woke up this a.m.I looked out the window and saw

2 Jack Rabbits pushing a Cottontail trying to get him started. [biggrin]

(High Plains Humor)

Endeavor to Persevere Spring will arrive soon.

I didn't know it got cold in Wyoming? I thought Wyoming was sort of desert-like? Huh, learned something new today!

Here in Oregon, the price we pay each winter is plenty of gray, damp days. Overall, the climate here is fairly mild all year. We have a true four seasons with a few cold spells in the winter and some heat waves in the summer. When it does snow here, it doesn't stick around too long (yet there is plenty up in the mountains should you want to go play in it) and it's not humid here in the summer. Overall I find the climate here suits me much better than things back in Texas. On the other hand, I've got plenty of friends back in Texas that wouldn't have it any other way. To each their own.

Growing up in the midwest, I saw more than enough snow — so here's wishing those of you buried in the white stuff all the best.

Man! I don't see how you folks can live where it gets that cold! Down South here, it was around 50 degrees yesterday. We have had some snow and freezing temps, but spring is just around the corner! Won't be long and I'll be on the lake trolling some jigs for some of those "slab" crappies and playin' bluegrass music outdoors at all the bar-b-ques! Can't wait!

Walked to work yesterday @ -26F with wind chills @ -45F. Probably should have put a hat on but it really wasn't that cold.

Many years ago, while I was still active duty Air Force, I launched my airplane, (B-52), in -35F ambient with -108F wind chill. THAT was pretty cold!

Hallelujah Brothers & Sisters. It may be 4 degrees right now but the wind has died down, the sun is out, the plow came through around midnight, and the schools are still closed (our new school superintendent seems to be a bit more skitish than the last one) which means I get a second snow day with my daughter. I got the drive cleared off so I am free to get a big old fire going, brew up some Kenya AAA coffee, and do me some pickin.'

Hallelujah Brothers & Sisters. It may be 4 degrees right now but the wind has died down, the sun is out, the plow came through around midnight, and the schools are still closed (our new school superintendent seems to be a bit more skitish than the last one) which means I get a second snow day with my daughter. I got the drive cleared off so I am free to get a big old fire going, brew up some Kenya AAA coffee, and do me some pickin.'

That's a fine winters day! [thumbup]

Archived