Gibson Brands Forums

Pedaltrain

Dub-T-123

Just got a Pedaltrain yesterday. I went to GC to pick up a patch cable and ended up with a pedalboard. It's a Pedaltrain 1 with a hardcase.

I had been wanting one for a while. I hate setting up my pedals everytime I go out.

Here it is. It gives me a little room to grow.

photo-131.jpg

Dig mah pigs. This picture is as much about my feet as it is the board.

photo-129.jpg

Here it is in the case. Pretty sweet.

Feel free to post your board pedaltrain or not. Also open to ideas on setting this puppy up.

By the way sorry about the terrible picture quality.

Also the chain is Super Hard On > Fuzz Factory > Torn's Peaker > Classic Overdrive > old Hendrix Crybaby > Hummingbird > Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. The amp footswitch is kinda just taking up empty space.

A 1.5 or 2ft cable would do it. There's really no better way (that I'm aware of) to do it. The only other way I could think of would be to put a whole row upside down so that the inputs and outputs go the other way around. But that would obviously be pretty stupid. Once I get the cable all tucked underneath it will be legit.

I think I'm gonna wait to zip tie the power supply cable until my Hoof gets here. It left Singapore on the 7th so it should be here soon.

It was $120. It's pretty expensive but it's really nice and practical. I love how the cables go underneath. The case is ugly as hell I think I'm gonna cover it with stickers.

Love my PT-2. Here's my current set-up on it:

pedalboard.jpg

I had to run a couple of 1' cables to get everything on the board in the order I wanted it. Everything stays in place, is nice and neat, and easy to roll out at gigs. Love it.

- B

Hmmmm... I will have to find the pics of my board but just run up, then down, up then down, if that makes any sense.

Eh, its up to you, your board, not sure why I'm ragging about that.

Not bad for 120 with the case, that's a pretty sweet deal

I actually thought of that right after I posted. Ehh... My cables aren't long enough for that and I like it how it is.

No I don't think $120 is bad considering how useful to me. It doesn't come with a power supply like a PP2 or anything and when you have enough pedals to fill one of these boards you really should use a good power supply like that. That's the only reason I say it's kindof expensive. I'm happy though. I got it all wired up and used it and it's great.

Cookieman - awhhh yeuhhh

surveyor - When I was looking at them online I thought I wanted the PT-2. When I saw the PT-1 in real life I realized it was the perfect size for me. The PT-2 does have a nicer case though.

Love my PT-2. Here's my current set-up on it:

pedalboard.jpg

I had to run a couple of 1' cables to get everything on the board in the order I wanted it. Everything stays in place, is nice and neat, and easy to roll out at gigs. Love it.

- B

Nice board man. I really dig the '70 and Supa-Trem. The '70 is underrated...

You'll say I'm crazy .....

Depending on the effect I wanted PH2 replaces a small Clone

Otherwise there are: Reverb, Delay, Noise Suppressor, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Compressor, Octaver, Dynamic wah, Overdrive, Distorsion, Metal Zone, Whammy, Wha wha, Talk box and the Amps overdrive.

A party is direct, the other goes through the effects loop.

The home stand is godd for repeats but difficult to move...

110210094940801137619883.jpg

Twiz nice boards but where's your green Muff? I'd have that baby front and center. I love the green Muff. As I said before I bought an EQD Hoof which is based on the green Muff but I'm still waiting for it to get here. I'm never getting anything shipped internationally again.. I'm way too impatient for that.

Cabba how are you liking that Deja Vibe? I'm not too big on "swirly" effects but that's one that I think I'd put to good use.

Also I just have to add that velcro is the greatest thing ever. I love that stuff!

Nice board man. I really dig the '70 and Supa-Trem. The '70 is underrated...

Thanks man!

The '70 is definitely underrated. I do want a germanium fuzz at some point (may build one myself) but the silicon fuzzes have their own character which I dig. I've been really happy with it. [thumbup]

Forgot to mention I have a PT-Jr too. I use it for a home board, and swap things in and out of it all the time. It's also great when you just want a few pedals to jam or travel with so you don't have to bring the heavier main board.

I like silicon fuzz. My Torn's Peaker is silicon based and I love that thing. It stacks really well. I also have a Big Muff which is silicon but I don't really use it. I basically just keep it for sentimental value. Generally I seem to prefer germanium.

You guys with two pedaltrains are crazy.

Cabba how are you liking that Deja Vibe? I'm not too big on "swirly" effects but that's one that I think I'd put to good use.

I love my Deja Vibe! It's now one with me, like a kidney. LOL - it is rocking!

I can't believe I almost balked at the price, it is worth every dollar.

I will say, that Lovepedal Pickle Vibe sounds good too, but the Fulltone is so swirly and buttery and just makes me wanna play Trower licks and Frank Marino wails....

I'm more than very pleased with it. I'll most likely over use it for the next year or so until the shiny wears off. [laugh]

Cabba can the Deja Vibe do a good pitch shifting vibrato?

I mostly use it in the heel back slower speed chorus setting with the intensity deep for that nausiating slow swirl that moans with deep bends and pulls juiced by an overdrive.

If you are meaning that detuned chorus pulsing on faster speeds, Yes, it does that too. Think Trower "Bridge of Sighs" or Frank Marino "Land of 1000 Nights".

Here's a great demo of it, the one that sold me on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_YkUItGZM

I've watched that demo like 20 times haha. That opening part with the fuzz is so sweet.

When I think univibe I think of Machine Gun by Jimi. I honestly hate chorus. I hate that '80s clean Strat with chorus sound. Ughh. The univibe is all psycadelic sounding that's why I love it.

When I say vibrato I mean like tremolo but instead of effecting the volume it slightly affects the pitch. To me chorus is just a mix of dry signal and pitch modulation. Vibrato is just straight pitch modulation with no dry mixed in if that makes any sense.

Archived