Gibson Brands Forums

just ordered me an lp

pete c

just ordered myself a new epi an epiphone LP traditional pro in wine red. should be here by next friday. ordered from musician's friend. ill post some pics when it arrives.

Congrats bonfire, terrific model and wine red is just one of those classic colours, I hope it's everything you hoped for.

im hopping its a good player, and arrives in good shape.i liked the wine red color it's not the run of the mill colors. i didnt notice till after i ordered its a limited edition model. the last eppi i bought was an sg bully model for 180.00 new and it didnt play real well.

n1821480400_291_4303672.jpg

DSC00748.jpg?t=1297634051

This was my 2005 LP standard in red wine with AA top... i loved this guitar, i called her ruby. Ruby was stolen by a family member last year and sold on. [cursing] [cursing]

I would love another some day, but a nice Epi version would suit me fine in the mean time.

im hopping its a good player, and arrives in good shape.i liked the wine red color it's not the run of the mill colors. i didnt notice till after i ordered its a limited edition model. the last eppi i bought was an sg bully model for 180.00 new and it didnt play real well.

I believe the Limited Edition has a slimmer profile neck.

Seriously????

Presumably she was a Gibby.

How did you keep yourself under control, Neil?

Alan

Can i just apologise for The Thread jacking [blush]

Yup, A Gibby.

Ruby was a gift from my Father, He told me some BS story about how one of his old band buddies gave it to him. He cant play any more due to rheumatoid arthritis so he gave her to me. However Dad is also an alcoholic, got drunk six months down the line, broke into my house and stole it, and traded to the music shop it for a Mexican strat and enough money to fuel his binge for a few more days. When I confronted him he admitted that he didn't get it from from an old band mate but had bought it from some guy who hadn't finished paying for it. A dispute arose over ownership and Ruby is still in the music shop soon to go back on sale, they have given Dad and I first refusal to buy it back for a grand (GBP). But neither of us have any money right now [cursing].

It's a Sorry situation.

So Bonfire, I want a really good review when your one arrives so i can decide weather to buy one, or admit defeat and buy Ruby Back.

hey dont worry about hijacking the thread, i checked my order today the case, strings, and strap got shipped but no guitar [confused] ill have to call and see whats going on with that. rdsmith is that the same guitar as i ordered, i must say its a nice looking guitar

ive had this guitar for a week now, and i must say im kinda disappointed with epi. the gloss finish on the face of the guitar looks great. now when you take it out of the box, around the edge of it the grain has been pulled out and left holes, you can see drum sander marks in several places. on the neck there is no grain filler at all, looks like they slapped some stain on it and thats it very rough and sticky feel to the neck.

also with the neck it turns my fingers black i blamed the stock strings, but when i took them off i cleaned the fret board. turned the rags black, restrung with fresh strings it played for a few minutes fingers where black again. i also restrung my sg with the same kind of strings no black at all so its not the strings.

the grover tuners must be the cheapest tuner they make, just cause it says grover doesnt mean its top notch. my sg came with grovers and they are quality tuners.

the volume and tone pots feel cheap, i would rather see better pots than have the coil splitting pots. i dont really care for the sound of split pups.

i know this is a 499.00 dollar guitar, i think if i saw this guitar hanging in a shop i would have picked something else. not sure im going to keep this lp, depends on musicians friend return policy if i have to pay to ship it back. i dont want to spend another cent on this guitar, i can see why people mod them so much.

i can honestly say i will never buy another epi product, this is the second time i have been unhappy with them. lesson learned, by the time i replace every thing i could have bought a gibby or a better finished guitar.

im not trying to start a flame war with this review, ill post some pics if i end up keeping it.

Archived