Gibson Brands Forums

Went to a Cricket match yesterday

duane v

I'm kinda surprised Australia doesn't have it's own Bat and Ball game.

I also think it's kidna funny that they play Rugby, a Game that's very Hard Hitting and more dangerous than American Football, but then they play Cricket, a game that's mellower than American Baseball. Does that mean they play Full Contact Basketball or Touch Hockey? [confused]

I also think it's kidna funny that they play Rugby, a Game that's very Hard Hitting and more dangerous than American Football, [confused]

No way.....

I've been to Club Rugby matches, and though it is pretty enjoyable to watch, pro NFL football is 10x faster and 10x more dangerous. The fastest Rugby player is no faster than a NFL linebacker.... Pro football players are freaks [woot]

No way.....

I've been to Club Rugby matches, and though it is pretty enjoyable to watch, pro NFL football is 10x faster and 10x more dangerous. The fastest Rugby player is no faster than a NFL linebacker.... Pro football players are freaks [woot]

They sure make it look intense on T.V. But now that you mention it, I would rather be slide tackled by a Rugby Player than Knocked for a Loop by a Huge Linebacker.

You live in Sydney?????

I'm here in BlackTown until Wednesday.....

Hey Duane,

I'm seeing 'Return To Forever' at the Sydney Opera House on Tuesday night with my wife & a couple of our friends.

If you could make it into the city by, say, 5.45 I would love to buy you a beer with absolute harbour views before I catch up with the others for the show.

Cheers,

Hey Duane,

I'm seeing 'Return To Forever' at the Sydney Opera House on Tuesday night with my wife & a couple of our friends.

If you could make it into the city by, say, 5.45 I would love to buy you a beer with absolute harbour views before I catch up with the others for the show.

Cheers,

I was there yesterday.... it rained a little but it was a nice day for walking.

If my closeout meeting ends some what early, I'll definitely meet ya out there... I'll PM you my cell#

post-4947-095348500 1297585725_thumb.jpg

I love America, but you lot can keep those two bastardised British sports; Baseball and American football...msp_flapper.gif

They are so over the top and full of theatrics it's hilarious. The mincing around and the music blaring over the PA every five minutes, commercials on all the time. It is like there is a mass conspiracy to try and instil ADHD in Americans. No wonder Rugby and Cricket seem boring ;)

Matt

I love America, but you lot can keep those two bastardised British sports; Baseball and American football...msp_flapper.gif

They are so over the top and full of theatrics it's hilarious. The mincing around and the music blaring over the PA every five minutes, commercials on all the time. It is like there is a mass conspiracy to try and instil ADHD in Americans. No wonder Rugby and Cricket seem boring ;)

Matt

My observations are based on seeing sports live.... well if you can consider Cricket a sport [biggrin].... I leave the TV perspective out of it.

Nothing like seeing a 98 mph fastball being hit 500 feet in person [thumbup]

I do enjoy Rugby, and it's controlled chaos [thumbup]

I'm kinda surprised Australia doesn't have it's own Bat and Ball game.

I also think it's kidna funny that they play Rugby, a Game that's very Hard Hitting and more dangerous than American Football, but then they play Cricket, a game that's mellower than American Baseball. Does that mean they play Full Contact Basketball or Touch Hockey? [confused]

Australian rules football is only legal on a playing field. It could only have been invented by a nation whose descendants were almost exclusively criminals!

Very exciting however.............

Australian rules football is only legal on a playing field. It could only have been invented by a nation whose descendants were almost exclusively criminals!

Very exciting however.............

Except Rugby was invented in England.

Australia has a very good baseball team

I mean one that they invented themselves, like England and Cricket, US and Baseball.

Archived