Gibson Brands Forums

watching Grammys?

saturn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred and Evol-

thanks for the plug... but it still doesn't change the fact that they won album of the year, and I, who listen to a great and diverse variety of music, have never heard of them or any of their work, unlike the other 4 nominess, of which I can name multiple songs they've recorded.

They had 2 drummers. Anyone with 2 drummers has to be serious.....

[thumbup]

Fred and Evol-

thanks for the plug... but it still doesn't change the fact that they won album of the year, and I, who listen to a great and diverse variety of music, have never heard of them or any of their work, unlike the other 4 nominess, of which I can name multiple songs they've recorded.

[thumbup]

Oh, no problem. I really don't care what other people listen to, they are one of those "indie bands" so not too many people know about them.

And you are wrong. Anyone who has 2 drummers is out of their ****ing mind! I can barely get my drummer to play the same beat, not even stay in the same beat as everyone else in the band, can you imagine another drummer? [flapper]

Seriously though, I give them major props. They were legitamitely surprised to have won, and I love that he took the award, accepted it, then put it on his amp and played. IMO, that's a musician

I'm aware of at least 2 local bands that have 2 drummers....

doubles the chance that at least one will show up

[lol]

[thumbup] Good one!

I always thought the Allman Brothers did okay with two drummers. :rolleyes:

I don't like Arcade Fire - no matter how many drummers they have.

WOW....I started a topic that actually went over 1 page [omg] Even if 90% of the comments are how much they don't like the topic I posted about #-o

So, did anyone else think the Lady Antebellum song sounded like Alan Parsons "Eye In The Sky"?

Fred and Evol-

[thumbup]

Where do you live, brother? Not to be rude, but if you do listen to a great and diverse variety of music you would certainly have heard of Arcade Fire. You won't hear them on FM radio if that is your source. They are all over the music websites & blogs and get name dropped a lot by progressive music critics like Greg Kot and Jim DeRogatis.

And two drummers is ace. There is a killer maximum R&B band from Detroit called the Dirtbombs. They bring it heavy with two drummers.

Archived