Gibson Brands Forums

My New Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

rocketman

Very nice. Congrats. Love the set up on them. I did the same basic thing for my Am. Std. They were able to drop the price a bit. Walked in to SA with a Roger Waters P Bass, walked out with the Am. Std. Jazz. Isn't that funny the way that works?

Thanks! It was made in Japan and it's got Vintage Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Bridge/Neck Pickups (not active). It's an exact replica of Geddy's 1972 bass. More details can be found here.

if you don't mind me asking, how much do those cost?

I know I could look it up but...

Anyways that sounds like an awesome bass. I want one!

They are normally $999 (see GC website here), but the sale today brought it down to $799. I always wanted a bass and when I saw the price I jumped on it. Many here know that I'm a Rush freak. I came very close to getting the Lifeson ES-355 years ago. But now I'll "settle" for the Geddy Lee bass.

They are normally $999 (see GC website here), but the sale today brought it down to $799. I always wanted a bass and when I saw the price I jumped on it. Many here know that I'm a Rush freak. I came very close to getting the Lifeson ES-355 years ago. But now I'll "settle" for the Geddy Lee bass.

Sweet deal. I love MIJ Fenders.

What are you playing it through?

I always loved those Rickeys he played. What were they 4001s right?

I remember playing an 8-stringer in GC years ago.

Nice Choice Rocket. Nice Choice.

BTW Rush announced a new tour.

Yeah, Geddy played a Rickenbacker 4001. My brother has a 4003 he got in the early 80s. We played in a Rush tribute band back then. My brother could really lay down those Geddy Lee lines very well. I didn't tell him that I got the Fender yet. He'll probably be pi$$ed at me (ha ha ha)!

Yeah, Geddy played a Rickenbacker 4001. My brother has a 4003 he got in the early 80s. We played in a Rush tribute band back then. My brother could really lay down those Geddy Lee lines very well. I didn't tell him that I got the Fender yet. He'll probably be pi$$ed at me (ha ha ha)!

He'll be jealous to say the least.

That's cool that he used to play in a Rush tribute band.

Geddy is the reason I started playing bass too.

I had to do some work on one of those pickups a while back.

Searcy, that is a great work there! So i had to check out the polarity myself and sure enough my pups are just right. My nine year old was wondering what I was doing with his compass though! So, do you need to wear a steel cup to protect your cojones while you are changing the polarity on pups? :unsure:

Searcy, that is a great work there! So i had to check out the polarity myself and sure enough my pups are just right. My nine year old was wondering what I was doing with his compass though! So, do you need to wear a steel cup to protect your cojones while you are changing the polarity on pups? :unsure:

So far I have managed to keep the nuggets from getting between the magnets. [cursing]

Archived