Gibson Brands Forums

Since Monday...

Silenced Fred

Nice...i'm 7 lbs down...working out and building muscle and feeling stronger. Its easier for you kids (haha) to get sorted out so good you decided to do it now! :)

Good luck man...its hard work...stick to it.

I gotta get ready for my stage acrobatics [flapper]

Just sick and tired of being heavy. I gotta lose it. I know I will always be a bigger guy, never one of those scrawny little indie rockers (no offense Evol)

I can't wait for it to get nicer so I can do more bicycle rides [thumbup]

Right on, brother.

Don't know how they get away with calling it food, because it ain't. HFC is pretty bad too.

yeah, I had a realization that its really bad. And I just set my mind to it, I'm not going to eat it. Investing in granola bars and stuff to just carry around with me so instead of pulling into a drive thru, I'm gonna have that.

And I'm going to save a ton of money [thumbup] Gotta get that Jazzmaster [drool]

Nice. Keep it up.

I got the stomach flu on New Years this year and I lost 15 pounds in like 4 days (I weighed 125 to begin with). I ate a bunch of food to gain the weight back and now I have a little belly and I'm up to 128.5 haha.

I used to work out everyday in my senior year of high school but I haven't worked out at all since I graduated.

I've been between 160 and 170 pounds for 20 years, right now at 170and want to loose 5 pounds.

Also for the first time in my life my cholesterolis on the higher side, it was perfect just 18 months ago.

Like shred says, it is easier to lose weight when you are younger, do it now.

After graduating high school at 5-7 and 132, I ended up gaining about three inches of altitude and a bit more than 50 pounds of whatever else. <grin>

At 28, I changed lifestyle in a number of ways. By age 32, I was 160-170 and it's stayed there for more than 30 years, although at my age now, I consider I'm way outa shape even though I'm at roughly 160, but that has more to do with muscle conditioning and aerobic capability.

It's lifestyle and one's head leads one into lifestyle. The head is the most important thing in any lifestyle changes.

As has been stated, be careful not just with weight loss stuff, but also any change in lifestyle. It ain't pounds, per se, but in ways horsepower to weight ratio.

I'd say the first three to five years may be the most difficult; after that it's what you have become - regardless what that might be.

Odd as this sounds... keep liking who you are inside; it'll help all aspects of health.

m

All I can say is, good luck to any...

I'm increasingly convinced weight and mental attitude kinda go together... After age 50 or so, it's also increasingly important to keep the weight off joints if at all possible and to keep a generally decent attitude at life...

Note that I never said it's easy, either of 'em...

m

Archived