Gibson Brands Forums

Ides of March

TommyK

Shouldn't it be "Et tu Brutus?"

I mean, in propper latin? (if such a thing exists. Well, it's difficult to speak a dead language, right? [tongue] )

"Proper Latin" does exist -- in books at any rate and in the Catholic Church -- and "Brute" is correct.

Brutus is being addressed in this sentence, which means that the vocative case is required. "Brutus" would be the nominative case.

All those years of Latin finally paid off!!!

[lol]

"Proper Latin" does exist -- in books at any rate and in the Catholic Church -- and "Brute" is correct.

Brutus is being addressed in this sentence, which means that the vocative case is required. "Brutus" would be the nominative case.

[lol]

Thanks Padre!

Although, I 'spect I shoulda capitalized Brute.

By definition a dead language is always proper, as it is dead... meaning unchanging. That is why it is so convenienet for peoples of different languages to be able communicate, like church services or scientists.... Wow! [blink] two divergent populations separated by a common language...

Guest FarnsBarns

Ah, we have some learned Latin speakers do we?..

Operor non permissum nothus homo frendo vos solum

Discuss

[lol]

[thumbup]

Can y'all speak Guitar, please? .... [tongue]

Sure...

Nothing like a Crescendo into a grand Fortissimo on an overdriven Les Paul. And it's amazing how the same Guitar and Amp can nail Pianissimo. Of course it's mostly the player, it's not like there's a Sforzando button built into the guitar. [flapper]

Guest FarnsBarns

Sure...

Nothing like a Crescendo into a grand Fortissimo on an overdriven Les Paul. And it's amazing how the same Guitar and Amp can nail Pianissimo. Of course it's mostly the player, it's not like there's a Sforzando button built into the guitar.

Here's one. Why are bigsbys, Floyd-roses, stetsbars etc called tremelos when they produce a vibrato effect. Tremelo is a fluctuation of volume, not pitch.

Here's one. Why are bigsbys, Floyd-roses, stetsbars etc called tremelos when they produce a vibrato effect. Tremelo is a fluctuation of volume, not pitch.

I know, Right?! Although I did hear Hank Marvin of the Shadows refer to it as a "Vibrato Arm" in the bonus features of "The Strat Pack" DVD.

Sure...

Nothing like a Crescendo into a grand Fortissimo on an overdriven Les Paul. And it's amazing how the same Guitar and Amp can nail Pianissimo. Of course it's mostly the player, it's not like there's a Sforzando button built into the guitar. [flapper]

And as long as the legato kicks maximus bruttocks and the staccato is nailed accordingly within the range of the concerto and or the vicissitudes of the venue therein.

Having said that, I now need an aspirin [crying]

Guest FarnsBarns

I know, Right?! Although I did hear Hank Marvin of the Shadows refer to it as a "Vibrato Arm" in the bonus features of "The Strat Pack" DVD.

I believe the original error is attributed to Paul Bigsby.

Because Fender first used the words by interchanging them, and we all know that Fender is doctrine.

Did you hear what happened when the Pope went to mount Olive? Popeye almost killed him!

Try the veal.

And the jokes go down in the gutter from there......

Maybe we ought to launch a fatwā against brundaddy! [cursing]

Archived