Gibson Brands Forums

ACM awards -Gibson watch

jannusguy2

I noticed there were some other country music folks playing Takamine.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying it might be because they are quality instruments.

Once you get them all at the same price range, I would say the Takamine is just as good, if not better on your preference than any Martin or Taylor.

For lower end? (less than a thousand) I would go with a Takamine. Above that, I like Taylors up until about two grand and then the Martins are my favorites.

Fender acoustics IMO suck compared to what else is available, and I am able to get better tones out of an acoustic from any of the aforementioned (big word [biggrin] ) guitar brands for half the price

My comment had more to do with fact that it's made in Japan. Not that it's a crap guitar. It's not. If, as an "artist", you're gonna jabber at folks about USA this and that and make patriotism part of your schtick, seems like you oughta be playin' America's finest. Gibson. Have seen several absolutely jaw dropping-ly gorgeous H-Birds and a Songwriter Deluxe. Keep them coming!

It's not the playability, it's the tone. In fact, I played a $2000 Martin and a $3000 Martin the day I bought my $250 Ibanez and would not have had either of them.

Again, it's just me.

And for the record, I agree that Toby Keith is FoS... he crucified the Dixie Chicks for excercising their very American right to free speech.

He has excellent song choice though.

:)

How come a hot shot, big time , USA is #1, love it or leave it, country music sh*t kicker like Toby Keith is sportin' a Takamine instead of a Gibson or Fender? Just sayin'.

Maybe you should chase him down, bat him on the back of the head and say, "WTF?" [tongue]

I heard the Judds were a sight to behold. ... then dropped like a hot potato. [scared]

Sadly I didn't see the ACMs. The FCC took that away from me with their digital nonsense. [cursing]

I got to play a $1300 Tak in Boston a while back, it was a great guitar, played beautifully, sounded pretty damned nice too [thumbup]

I've played $3000 Martin's that don't measure up.

It's all about what you like, my 1965 Guild A-50 is the best acoustic I've ever played, the tone has character (to my ear, perhaps not yours), and she plays pretty nicely too.

If it was an endorsement deal, well that's a shame, but it doesn't make them bad guitars!

There are a lot of high end Takamine guitars in the same way there is lots of high end Tokai Les Paul type guitars also. I mention Tokai too, as a lot of people seem to be of the opinion that both those makes only produce low to mid priced guitars, which is not true.

I love my Gibson guitars dearly, but speaking generally have found that Japanese guitars - ie their steel strung acoustics and electrics, have been superior in tone and playability to the American made stuff I have played and own (and owned) over the years.

Matt

My comment had more to do with fact that it's made in Japan. Not that it's a crap guitar. It's not. If, as an "artist", you're gonna jabber at folks about USA this and that and make patriotism part of your schtick, seems like you oughta be playin' America's finest. Gibson. Have seen several absolutely jaw dropping-ly gorgeous H-Birds and a Songwriter Deluxe. Keep them coming!

ps if this is the case and he is always going about how he is all American, then in light of this, yes I can see why you think he is a hypocritical prat.

Matt

I need a little adjustment to my Epi PR5e, but it plays marvelously with a light fingerstyle touch except for one fret on the A string.

Never cared for Martin necks myself.

Love a real "'Bird" but it's beyond the checkbook.

m

Archived