Gibson Brands Forums

Ok, lets be serious now

Silenced Fred

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FarnsBarns

my definition of rap and hip hop are different.

the crap like black eyed peas in hip hop. i consider this to be more into the rap territory.

regardless, carry on

Rapping (also known as emceeing,[1] MCing,[1] spitting (bars),[2] or just rhyming[3]) refers to "spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics".[4] The art form can be broken down into different components, as in the book How to Rap where it is separated into “content”, “flow” (rhythm and rhyme), and “delivery”.[5] Rapping is distinct from spoken word poetry in that it is performed in time to a beat.[6][7]

Rapping is a primary ingredient in hip hop music & reggae, but the phenomenon predates hip hop culture by centuries. Rapping can be delivered over a beat or without accompaniment. Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area among speech, prose, poetry, and song. The use of the word to describe quick speech or repartee long predates the musical form,[8] meaning originally "to hit".[9] The word had been used in British English since the 16th century, and specifically meaning "to say" since the 18th. It was part of the African American dialect of English in the 1960s meaning "to converse", and very soon after that in its present usage as a term denoting the musical style.[10] Today, the terms "rap" and "rapping" are so closely associated with hip hop music that many use the terms interchangeably.

Whatever labels you put on it, I just don't like it. Just like I don't like Free Fallin by Tom Petty. It's just bad to me.

So, if Snoop Doggy Dog and Cris Brown covered " Free Falling " you wouldn't like it ????? [scared] :unsure: [crying][flapper] .....

Who's Chris Brown?

He's some new rapper; He was dating Rianna 'till he beat her up.....He has no talent, neither does Rianna.....

I dis-like most rap.....I don't even like Snoop Dog's music, but, the guy is da nads, kinda cool.....

For rap like music, I like Rage Against the Machine.......and Bob Marley.......and RUN DMC, and Ice T a bit....

Years back I recorded some rap stuff for fun, had some black friends critique it, and they couldn't tell

that their white buddy wrote and recorded it.....Go figure; Pretty fly for a white guy.......:unsure: [flapper][thumbup] .........

Well, to "be serious now", I'd have to say that was boring. Seriously boring.

I've never understood how people can listen to Rap. Every text has exactly the same meter. Doesn't that get old after a while?

[confused]

And at least half of the Rap songs I have heard have some variation of the "FAR-CAR-STAR"-rhyme.

[lol]

I've never understood how people can listen to Rap. Every text has exactly the same meter. Doesn't that get old after a while?

Ya know the same can be said for AC/DC [scared] .... but AC/DC is friggin cool [biggrin]

Archived